10.

Zayn was still sitting next to me.

He was still here, willing sitting next to me on my bench. I would be uncomfortable if anyone else came and sat with me here, disturbing my tranquility, and even Louis knew not to tag along with me wherever I came to sit here.

But Zayn was the sole exception.

By now, I still hadn't said anything, and neither had Zayn, both of us, still enjoying the sights of nature.

The sun was about to set, casting an orangey glow over everything, and tinting the water darker. 

I had set my journal aside, I couldn't write when Zayn was literally sat inches from me. I couldn't concentrate. I so wanted to just scoot a little so that our shoulders were pressed together but restrained myself.

Zayn, after finally moving his gaze away from the glittery waves looked at me, a small, peaceful smile gracing his lips, his caramel eyes shining behind his black-rimmed glasses that suited his face so perfectly. 

"So, I've been seeing you through my window," Zayn began teasingly as I read his lips. My mouth dropped open in shock as my cheeks burned. I hid my face in my hands.

Oh God, now he knows for sure I'm a creepy weirdo who keeps staring at him. There goes the tiny shred of a chance I had with Zayn. Way to go, Niall, you crazy stalker. 

Zayn lightly tapped my arm, making me look up. I forced myself to finally look up and meet his eyes. I always had difficultly in doing so, because call me a cheesy sap, but I always get lost in his eyes.

And like always, as soon as my blue eyes met with his honey-colored irises, I felt my breath catch in my throat. 

Sorry about that, I somehow managed to sign, my cheeks still flaming for embarrassment of being caught, but Zayn shook his head with a laugh. And God, did you have to make everything about him so perfect? His hair, his eyes, his smile. Even him laughing was such a frustratingly perfect sight.

I was still staring at Zayn like an idiot when he amusedly, "Still not much of a talker, huh?"

I just shrugged sadly, leaning my chin on my folded arms. I was just reminded of how much I was different from Zayn. Why was he even talking to me?

I couldn't hear, I couldn't speak. Hell, I'm even a creepy stalker. But still he's here, trying to force a conversation out of me.

Now don't get me wrong. I've dreamed that this would happen someday. But now that it's actually happening, I finally realise that happy, fairytale moments are not for me.

Zayn is amazing. He's normal. He's beautiful. And he's just trying to make me feel better. Pity. That's all I'll ever get.

I felt a surge of anger at my own helplessness, and signed at Zayn without thinking. Why are you still here? If you're here to pity me then you can leave because I'm tired of the normal people coming in here and pitying me. I'm sorry for creeping you out but I think you're really beautiful.

I put my hands back down and looked out to the sea angrily. It took me a few seconds to register what I'd just said.

Squeezing my eyes shut with a wince, I warily opened them again and glanced at Zayn, who was grinning at me in eager interest, leaning his chin in his palms like a little kid about to hear a story.

Well, shit.

[ double update? i got sidetracked, sorry tehee. hope this chapter made up for it. ;) x ]