TWENTY SIXTH INSTALMENT

Jay woke me up at mid morning. I was getting big. This day Jay said "let's go bowling" this was so strange as we only ever went to visit friends and he smoked pot will I sat there watching. I agreed and thought it was awesome that we were doing something together maybe things would turn around.

When we arrived at the bowling alley all of Jays pot mates were there. I should have known there would be a day he could go without it but I didn't say a work as he parked out the back and smoked from his bottle before we went inside.

When we got inside the bowling at alley that I had been to many times whilst still at school for sports day Jay walked up and paid and got shoes. He didn't get me any and didn't pay for me. Well I really shouldn't have been surprised but I was really disappointed that he hadn't meant 'WE will go bowling'. He really meant 'get out of bed we have to leave I'm going bowling with my mates and you can stay and watch'.

While Jay bowled stoned with his mates they were having a great time. I asked Jay if he could get me a drink and he told me to wait. Whenever he was stoned he never thought about me, that's not really true he did but it was usually to abuse me. I walked over to 1 of the 2 pool tables and sat at a chair close by.

If felt like I was sitting there forever then one of the doors opened and there before me were two of my school friends (Fred and Nigel). As I was sitting behind the door they hadn't seen me as the door opened towards me. Jay looked over as the door opened and saw me sitting there. He glared at me. Since I had moved in with Jay I hadn't seen any of my friends as he didn't like me seeing them firstly and secondly I was embarrassed to see them as I was always bruised and I couldn't stand to answer their questions and I knew there would be many.

I watched them as they walked over and got some change and turned around. As soon as they Di they saw me and rushed over. The first person to say anything was Nigel "Emily! How are you?. Are you OK? Why are you wearing that long shirt you look really pale?" The questions just rolled out of his mouth and I didn't get to answer them as he asked them so quickly. I stood up and Nigel threw his arms around me and I winced. It was completely unexpected but he had hugged me really tightly but happened to touch my bruises that had been a build up of bruises from the previous few weeks. I didn't go a day without a new one. Nigel pulled back and said "Emily what's wrong?" I told him I was just pretty touchy because of the pregnancy (what and excuse) I don't think he brought it but he didn't say anything.

They asked if I wanted to play a game of pool but I said I'll just watch. I really was feeling funny. Jay wouldn't get me a drink and I was feeling worse by the minute. They started their game all along they were chatting to me about school and what was happening and who was doing what. I was loving being around people who really cared about me.

I remember Nigel looking at me as I stood up again to go and ask for a glass of water then I remember waking up in a back room with a fan on me and someone putting water over my head. I had passed out. I was really groggy and couldn't really make out who was there. The first person I saw was Nigel. He was sitting next to where I laid and was wiping my head down with a wet cloth. When he saw my eyes open he lifted my head and said "Emily, your ok just have a sip" and he poured a little water in my mouth. I must have passed out again because the next thing I hear is Nigel and Jason arguing. I heard Nigel say " what have you done to her you scumbag". Jay was denying everything as Nigel was getting even more angry. Jay pushed him away from me and I remember him saying "Are you OK baby? You should have asked me to get you a drink". REALLY! You think! Is all that went through my head.

When I was able to sit up I realized that my sleeves had been pushed up and my shirt unbuttoned to just under my bra line. I was told after Nigel did it as the manager was trying to take my top off to cool me down but Nigel would not let him undress me. Nigel had wet my arms and my tummy and kept moving the fan over me to cool me down. I only then realized why Nigel had been so angry. He had seen all my bruises, they were everywhere but my face. After sitting for a while Nigel wet my back and yet again he saw the bruises. This time he just looked hurt but he didn't say a word.