SECOND INSTALMENT

I can not really remember what else happened the last time my dad took my mum upstairs to play..

I want to tell you a little about my mum. She is such a wonderful lady. She NEVER said bad things about my Dad to either my little brother or myself as we grew up.

My mother is the strongest person I know. When I was little I used to look at her with her beautiful blonde hair and dark skin and size 8 body and think "I want to be just like my mummy she is so beautiful". She always put us and still puts us first after all these years.

She went through these beatings for years and would have still gone through them if my father did not try and start on my brother and myself. The day he hit us my mum moved us to the mid north coast of NSW where my Pa, Nan and other family lived (so much more on my Pa to come).

I asked her when I was old enough about my fathers father and she told me a story that is chilling.

My grandfather (dad's father) use to beat my grand mother and the 8 kids daily. He too worked all day (like my father) then drank every afternoon. He would come home and would wipe his fingers over the bench tops and if there was one speck of dust he would beat my nan till she could not move and if the kids tried to stop him he would beat them also.

When my father took my mother (aged 17) to tell his dad that she was pregnant with me he punched her in the stomach and hit my father. Mum started to bleed and my nan (fathers mother) took my mum to the hospital. Luckily for me she did not loose me then and there.

Not long after this police turned up to their family home. My father, mother, his siblings and his mother where all there. They told my nan that my grandfather had driven off the Granville bridge.. He had died. She was devastated even after all he had done she still loved him. They then stated that he had left a suicide letter blaming her and the kids and that she was not to get any insurance money... What ???? This man was pure evil yet my father still to this day idolises him.

My nan had to raise the 8 children on her own with very little money and no work skills as she was never allowed to leave the house. She got 3 jobs and did what she had to in order to get by. One of my aunts was sent to welfare for a year or two and she was also abused there (she was the youngest girl and a bit if a rebel) .

Maybe this is why my father was the way he was but I do not believe you have to follow in anyone's footstep.

When we moved to the mid north coast we lived in a beach town in a flat where I remember my mother constantly checking the doors and windows were locked. There was always a feeling of fear in this house as my mother had not told my father were we were at the stage. She would call him and let him speak to us but on a lot of occasions she didn't let him talk to us. I didn't know at the time why but mum told me not so long ago it was because he was drunk and threatening.

We would go an visit my Nan and Pa daily after this and after a while mum met someone new... Was he good for her ? Was he good for us? Find out in the next instalment...

⚡️⚡️Author Notes ⚡️⚡️

Thank you for taking the time to read my life story.

If you like please feel free to vote by clicking the ⭐️ and comment. I will respond to any comments.

If you don't want to miss an Instalment follow me xx Emily xx