SEVENTY SEVENTH INSTALMENT

Upon arriving at Fremantle I walked hand in hand with Ava to the front desk. I asked Tina to take Ava and sit down. An officer approached the desk and I explained to him what Ava had said. I was trying to be strong but I broke down. The officer asked me to take a seat and her would get the detective to come and see me.

As I walked towards Ava and saw her little face I felt I had failed her any parent in my position would have been feeling the same thing. My heart was breaking, I wasn't there to protect her. I took a seat near Ava and waited. The wait felt like forever but I am sure it wasn't long. I could not stop thinking why! As her words kept echoing through my mind consuming any other thought that may have wanted to enter. None of us spoke and the silence was deafening.

At one stage when I looked up I saw a tall dark haired Female officer approaching us

"Hello, I'm Detective Smith" she said as she reached us.

"Hi, I'm Emily" was all I could manage at that stage. Detective Smith leaned down so she was eye to eye with Ava.

"Ava, do you want to come with me? Do you like drawing? We might be able to find you so crayons so you can draw some beautiful pictures" Ava looked at me for approval as I nodded and smiled what I am sure was not a really smile.

"Follow me please Emily, we can have a chat whilst Ava draws" we reached a glass room. In the centre of the room was a children's table covered in crayons, paper and two dolls a male and female. Detective Smith opened the door and walked in with Ava. As they sat down and chatted for a little bit another female detective walked in. She introduced herself to Ava and asked if it was ok if she stayed and drew with her whilst Detective Smith chatted with me. Ava was actually happy and she agreed to draw with this lady. She obviously felt safe and to be honest the Detectives were both lovely and so very good with both Ava and I.

Detective Smith left the room and had me follow her a little further down.

"So Emily, tell me what has happened" she asked calmly as she could clearly see I was a mess. I explained to her again what Ava had said to Tina and I.

"I don't know what to do! I am confused" I continued.

"You have done the right thing Emily, there is nothing else you could have done" she said touching my hand to try and calm me. She offered tea, coffee or water but I was in no state. She asked me a lot of questions about where we lived, about Tatt etc. I answered everything I could as best I could. Just the mention of Tatt's name made me sick, I was furious.

Detective Smith explained what Ava would be doing in the room just down from us. She explained that the detective with her was a child psychologist who would assess the extent of the assault and the validity. Most of our conversation after this was innocent and nothing to do with Ava she was just trying to keep my mind off what may be happening in that room.

About two hours later another Detective entered the room and told Detective Smith that Ava was ready. I jumped up but Detective Smith asked me to stay here as she was going to go get Tina to sit with Ava in the room whilst the child psychologist came in and chatted to me. Not long after that psychologist walked in with Detective Smith.

"Ok, so Ava is a very intelligent little girl, you must be so proud of her" she opened the conversation.

"Yes she is and I am very proud" I replied but I didn't want to talk about how smart she was I wanted to get to the facts.

"Well we spent some time drawing and Ava's drawings are very light, it seems that she is very well adjusted, you have done a great job with her" I didn't respond to this as I was getting impatient, I just wanted to know what to do next.

"We spent time playing with dolls and I got Ava to show me what had happened with Tatt"

"Ok"was all I could manage

"I am convinced that what Ava showed me did in fact occur, what we need you to do now is take her to the doctor and have him do an examination to ensure that she was not penetrated" these words made me break down. She explained further that these tests are just to make sure we get facts about the situation in order to use in court.

"When the tests are completed the doctor will send the report directly too us"

"Ok, I will take Ava now and get these done straight away, I have to get Tatt out of my house also. He will be home after he finished work at about 5:30pm"

"Upon getting these results we will go and see him and bring him to the station for a chat then we will take him to your house and remove his belongings" Detective Smith stated.

Once I had calmed down we went to Ava and Tina. I looked at Tina without saying a word. She could read me so well, she got Ava and we left the station to take Ava to the doctors..

⚡️⚡️AUTHOR NOTES⚡️⚡️

This has been hard to write and it is far from over. Thank you for taking the time to share my life story. Feel free to vote by clicking the ⭐️ comment and I will always respond. If you don't have any to miss an instalment follow me and you will be sent a message to let you know when loaded. Take care and #stayunbroken xx Emily xx