Twice Upon A Time: Chapter1

Aurora's POV

I sat at my desk in the newly minted Shaffer Building. I sat turned from my desk to look out my 20th story window at the view. Central Park to the right and other buildings to the left. I would have never imagined that my life would have gone this way. I guess that my life in the Enchanted Forest helped me become the person I am today.

You see after I came back the Shaffer's took me back in. They adopted me during my senior year. I decided that I wanted to have the life that I always dreamed of. So summer between senior year of high school and freshman year of college I went on a tour of Europe. The whole gang went with.

After that summer life changed. Hunter decided that he didn't want to be in college and dropped out. He joined the army and shipped out less than a year later. He and Molly stayed together while he was deployed. Molly went to NYU and majored in nursing. She graduated and got a job as a pediatric nurse.

Kolton went to WVU on a football scholarship. He went pro last year, he is on the Giants as their quarterback. He and Jaylyn broke up for 2 years but they got back together when they ran into each other in the city. Jaylyn went to Columbia with me. She majored in Business Management. She helped me open Enchanted Publishing.

Art went to Harvard, he got his law degree and passed the bar exam. He moved to New York City and opened up his law firm. I use him for all my contracts. Henna went to NYU along with Molly. She got her degree in Marketing. She heads my PR department. Her and Art were married at the beginning of the year. There wedding was beautiful.

Then there leaves Camden and me. I went to Columbia and majored in English. I wrote my book Happily Never After as an assignment for one of my classes. My professor sent it to a publisher and then my life was changed. I became a published author and my book was made into a movie. I opened my own publishing house with the money from the movie, Enchanted Publishing. I am the CEO and it has been so rewarding, I am even publishing my second book.

Then there is Camden. Camden went to Ohio State on a baseball scholarship. We stayed together until my Sophomore year. He decided that I could do better than him and left me. I think that when I came back he put too much pressure on himself. Hunter still keeps in touch with him. The last that I had heard he was at Quantico to be in the FBI.

And now we are here. To the day when my life changed again..........

"You have a visitor" My assistant came into my office. "He said that you would take his meeting even though it is not on your calendar"

I turned around in my chair to face her "Who does he think he is"

"He told me to tell you that he is your ex-husband, but I didn't think you were married." She said.

It couldn't be "Send him in" I stood up and waited. She left to go get him, I waited a moment. There is no way that Phillip is here, I mean how can he be? It's been 8 years since I have seen him.

"Hey, my lady" He walked into my office. He looked just as young as the day that I left him back in the forest. "You look so young"

"Young" I went over and hugged him "You don't look a day over 18."

"Yeah well, you know the change in time." He hugged me back "Plus we age slowly"

I sighed as a joke "The one thing I miss from home" I went back down to my desk and sit. I motioned him to sit down across from me "What is up, how did you get back here?"

He leaned closer to me "I will get to that, but how are you, how is everyone, you and Cam married yet."

I rubbed the back of my neck. "I am good, wrote a book about my life, started this place. Everyone is good, most of us live in New York City. Hunter, Molly, and I all live together in my penthouse. Camden broke up with me a couple of years ago"

"What?" He was shocked. He wasn't suspecting that the man I came back for would dump me but not before cheating on me.

FLASHBACK

I decided to surprise Camden at Ohio State. I was on break from my book tour and had a break from school. Camden didn't have practice this weekend, so it was the perfect time to see him.

"HEY" I opened the door to his room at the fraternity house, to see him making out with a blonde girl. "WHAT" I yelled.

They broke apart, Camden looked at me in shock. "A" He got up and ran after me.

I just ran, I love this boy so much. I came back for him. I stopped but only because I was wearing heels and couldn't run as far and as fast as I usually would. "I hate you" I smacked him as he caught up with me.

"I am sorry" He took my wrists. "I am so sorry" He started to cry.

"Why?" I asked him harshly. "I loved you, I thought you loved me?"

He looked up at me. "I do, but the pressure to be the perfect man for you"'

"I never pressured you?" I yelled "When did I ever pressure you? Please tell me"

He rubbed the back of his neck "Never"

"That's right never. I didn't expect anything out of you except love"

"I am sorry" He pulled me in and hugged me "I love you"

"NO" I pushed him away "I hate you"

A week later he broke up with me. I know I should have seen it coming but I was deeply in love with him and was willing to forgive him.

"I am so sorry" He looked down.

"So" I shook it off "How did you get here? Why are you here?"

He took a deep breath. "Snow and Charming have been living here for a while. They were able to plant more magic beans and sent them back with Mulan. Tia and I have them safe in our castle."

"So what is up?" I asked him. "You wouldn't come unless you needed"

He leaned back "Someone is killing off royals and that only ones who can help are You and the gang.