Chapter 9

Emma woke up to the sound of beeping and looks around only to realize she's in a hospital. "Emma you're awake!" Said a voice she instantly recognized. "Belfast how long was I out?" "You were out for a couple of days and your injuries would've been more severe if it wasn't for Daniel." Emma looks at her. "Where's Daniel?" She asks she hears an alarm going on and a voice. "Oh great I'm late for scho-!" The person lands on the ground in pain! "Okay 1 where's the bottom half of my right leg and 2 why is my left leg in a cast!?" Belfast smirked as she opens the curtains to to reveal Daniel panicking. "Does this answer your question?" She said as she went to help Daniel get back to bed as his parents came. "Dani you're awake!" His mom said rushing to give him a hug but Belfast stopped her. "Miss Maria let him recover from his shock he just woke up!" Maria then calms down as Harry gives Belfast a cup of coffee. "Here you go Belle sorry to make you take care of not just Emma but our son as well these past few days because of our 25th anniversary trip which we had to cancel on our second day when we heard about this and your phone call confirming our suspicions." "Thank you Harry but I think we should let the doctors do their work." Belfast said as the three left the room for the doctors to do their work.

A short time later after the doctors talked to their patients and the parents, the trio did their best at consoling their kids. "Belle it's my fault Daniel not only broke a bone but lost half a leg!" Emma cried into Belfast's shoulder as someone rolled in with a wheelchair. "Don't say that it'll put yourself in the same position as Enterprise who blamed herself for not being able to arrive on time to assist me." The person said as she grabs the walker in the room before slowly walking towards Emma. "Auntie Yorktown." Emma manages to say between sniffing. "Just remember if it wasn't for Daniel's sacrifice, I just can't imagine that scenario where he didn't get to you in time." "Y you really think so Auntie?" "Yes as a matter of fact I am at least grateful to have survived the Siren attack at The Midway Islands thanks to her intervention even if I can only walk for a short period of time but with the help of a walker and rails and who knows what would've happened if she hasn't arrived in time to save me." Those word from her aunt's mouth gave Emma a smile as she gestured Belfast to help her on her feet as she walked over to Daniel. "Emma you're not a burden to me because even though I've got half a leg amputated and one wrapped up in a cast I just couldn't imagine my life without you because I'd rather lose a body part over my own light that guides me through anything that the world or Sirens throw at us." Emma carefully hugs Daniel as he also did the same. "I'm just glad that we've managed to survive that fight." They both said whispering to each other's ears before departing with a kiss on the cheek each.

The four adults then left the young adults to rest right before they fell asleep. "Emma I'm glad that you're safe." Someone said to Emma who looked around to see a pile of bodies and someone in a cloak set another one. "Wh who are you?" She asked nervously as the person turned around taking off the hood. "After all this time you don't even recognize your mom?" "My my mom had lavender colored eyes yours are red." The person's eyes turned Lavender as Emma asked. "Tell me something only my parents and Belfast would know?" "One reason is your initials E. N. T. Which made us call you Lil' Enty, another was that we called you Little E since even though you sport your dad's eyes, you resembled myself." "Mom!" Was the only thing she said before embracing the person in a tearful hug as she remembered Belfast Belfast explained about her nicknames. Emma was about to ask her mom something but was stopped. "My little E whatever you're  going to ask will be answered all in due time but for now I'll tell you that it was exactly me who rescued you and your shipmates from those Sirens when I felt that you were in grave danger and it was my duty as a mother to come and save you."

"Thank you mom." Emma said in her sleep as someone came in and smiled. "So lovely to see some young adult talking in their sleep!" The person said as she leaned closer to Emma who with a single punch knocks her out! "First a Lolicon now a Cougar Ark Royal? Cause you may have changed targets but you haven't changed completely." Emma said as she noticed Ark Royal on the ground.