Chapter 1

Once Upon A Time.....................

In a faraway realm, called the Enchanted Forest, there lived a miller who had a son, Stefan, that wanted more out of life than to just work with his father in the mills. As a boy he learned to sword fight, to ride a horse, to talk to people. He dreamed that one day he would become the voice of the people. But only being 10 there wasn't much he could do. He made some friends and lived his life.

One day he met this friend named Maleficent. She was a little girl how had some horn growing out of her head. She was abandoned as a child. An infertile merchant took her in. It wasn't long before she dreamed of going farther in life. To show everyone that she was more special than how she looked. She wanted to become good and help people. around the age of 9, she realized that she could. Not only was she born with horns but also with magic.

These two met under the most ordinary of circumstances. But their lives from that day on became less and less ordinary with every passing moment. And this is where the story starts.

"Stefan" Maleficent yelled for him "Come on I can't hold the rope forever"

"I am coming" He put his wooden sword in the holder that his father made him out of straw. There was nothing he loved more than to play pretend with his very best friend. "The dragon isn't going to get away that easy"

"Not when we are on its trail" She yelled at him. Maleficent was in love with Stefan since to moment he put his sword to her back. They became the best of friends and nothing in the world was going to tare them apart.

Years went by and these two never backed down from anything that they couldn't fight. Over the years as Stefan got more and more popular with the people, Maleficent became more and more powerful. No matter what she did to control her powers she couldn't help what she did. That was until Rumpelstiltskin came along and helped her control her powers. He taught her spells and how to channel her anger. All the things that she would need to keep a good image for Stefan and when he would be king.

Than on Stefan's 18th birthday, he decided to take the kingdom over from the roofless king. Maleficent decided to help him so that she could be with Stefan forever.

"Here we are" Stefan was speaking to the troops. "Today is the battle that will make our lives better" He looked at his troops who were tried from fighting for a better leader. "But we have the most important tool still to use in our bag" He motioned to Maleficent. She walked up looking all shy not knowing that this battle would be one she was going to regret. "The powerful Maleficent"

She waved to everyone "I am just here to make sure that peace is bestowed upon the kingdom"

"So men" He looked at everyone, "We need to all work together if we want to remove our evil king."

"YEAH" They raised their bows and swords than followed him into the woods where they would fight for the freedom of the land.

Not knowing that the freedom they were going to fight for was the freedom to be ruled by another tyrant. The war went on for over a year. It ended when Maleficent and Stefan stormed the castle and took out the king. These two friends who grew up together finally did what they wanted to do all their life. When the king was slain the whole village came to the castle that night to hear from the new king.

"Subjects" He smiled at all "We are here to celebrate the end of a horrible reign in this kingdom."

"CHEERS" Everyone yelled.

"I want to know that I will be a leader who is fare to the people and will do anything to help."

Standing behind the crowd was Maleficent who was just looking at this man who she loved so deeply talking about ruling the land. She thought about how life with him would be. I mean she did kill the king for him.

"I want the people to meet the girl who has helped me through everything. The girl who I am in love with" He looked around for her. Then he found her in the crowd. The girl who stole his heart from when he was a little boy to where he is now. "Come up here Elizabeth Walker"

Maleficent looked up to see this beautiful young girl walk up the stairs and over to the man she loves. She became angry and angrier until she turned into the beast that was feeling like on the inside. All the villagers ran away from her as she was morphing into the dragon. Stefan held on to Elizabeth while Maleficent came closer and closer to them. He finally pusher Elizabeth behind him and drew his sword.

"STOP" He yelled, "Maleficent stop this what are you doing we are friends why are you trying to ruin everything that we built."

"WE BUILT" She morphed back into a human but it wasn't her normal self she looked like jealousy had taken over her whole entire body and self. "I WAS THE ONE WHO GOT RID OF THE KING. WE WOULDN'T BE FREE IF IT WASN'T FOR ME" She got closer to Elizabetha and Stefan "AND NOW YOU ARE REPLACING ME WITH HER"

"I am not replacing you," He told her calmly. "I am in love with Elizabeth and we are just friends"

"SILENCE" She yelled her image became more and more terrifying. "If you want an enemy that is what you will get"

And with that, she flew off. Stefan and his new bride to be thought that they would never hear from her again. As time pasted they were able to rebuild the land and the kingdom. When they were able to get married and start their lives together with no problem. While in a far off place in the kingdom Maleficent lived working with Rumpelstiltskin to work with her powers when her training was done he left and she was able to work on a spell that would put an end to the person who she had hated the most. She was about to cast a curse on Elizabeth to hurt Stefan when news came to her that they were expecting a child together. She then changed her mind and started working on a spell that would hurt them both for what they did to her.

Stefan and Elizabeth were getting ready for the birth of their child. They didn't care what they were having as long it was a healthy baby that could one day rule this great kingdom of theirs. The day came that Elizabeth gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Aurora. Elizabeth decided to throw a party to celebrate the kingdom's new princess. At the party where were three fairies that the king invited. Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather. While everyone was giving her gifts of riches and material objects the fairies gave her the gift of song and one gave her the gift of music. The last fairy was just about to give her last gift when Maleficent stormed in and demanded the floor.

"Hello there" She looked around. "So Stefan why wasn't I invited"

"I am so sorry," Elizabeth told her "We didn't know where to send an invitation to"

"Or you weren't invited" Merryweather whispered.

"Well that's not nice" She looked at the fairies.

Stefan stood up and walked over to her "Maleficent what are you doing here?"

She walked closer to the little crib that held the new princess "I wanted to give her a little present to"

"I don't think" Elizabeth started but Maleficent started with her spell.

"On the day of her 16th birthday, she will prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel a die" She was so happy to cast this spell to hurt these two people who hurt her.

"My baby" Elizabeth picked up the Aurora.

"You wench" Stefan went after her but she disappeared.

Stefan looked at Merryweather who is the last fairy that didn't give her a gift yet. "Is there anything that you can do?" He asked her.

"Maleficence's power is too strong for us" Flora stated to the king in queen.

Fauna fluttered up to them "But there is a way to a help her"

Flora pushed Merryweather forward "And she will do the best she can."

She looked at the little princess who was so innocent not knowing that this was happening. She would never get to have a wedding or a child or even know what love is. "Love" she whispered. She fluttered closer to the little princess "You will not die but sleep for hundreds of years shall the curse keep. But a kiss from one's true love will break the curse."

The king and the queen still worried sent Aurora off to live with the fairies. They tried their best to raise her in secret. They even gave her a new name, Brier Rose. They thought that they were in the clear. But no one could have known that Maleficent was planning something worse. And no one could have predicted what she would do next.

But there is where the story begins.....................................................................................................