Chapter 66

"WHAT?!" Sophie shouted, covering her mouth immediately after she did so. She had gotten a TON of surprising and scary news in the past few hours, but nothing like this new information.

Her brain happily developed images of her as some sort of mutant lizard thing, crawling in someone's hand before they snatched her up and placed her in a cage.

"No, Elwin, there must be some mistake." Her head was spinning uncontrollably, dread and fear spreading through every inch of her body. What kind of a freak did this make her now?

"I must have missed something, Sophie! This is amazing! Eve is as old as the Earth! And she's gone a bit ..." He made the coo-koo sign. Sophie would've smiled, but she couldn't. At this moment, she was sure she never would again.

"Elwin, don't you understand? This put's me in huge danger. I could be caged and never get out!" Her panic attack came alive once again.

Elwin scrunched his eyebrow's together. "Yes, but that won't happen. It takes a lot, and I mean a lot of mind power and concentration to pull it off. I mean, it is unlikely that you will be able to shift into something more than two or three times a day. It takes a lot out of you." He explained.

Sophie considered his point of view. Maybe it was good that this had happened to her? She pulled out her Imparter.

"Show me, Alden."

I know, I know. Really short chapter. (I'm sorry!) I haven't really gotten to it lately, so for my apology, I will give you two chapters by at least the end of the week. Sorry again, hope you enjoyed! Now, back to writing!