Chapter 8

"Hey, Foster," Keefe said, and Sophie looked him up and down. He was wearing a back suit, with a crazy colored tie, it was all the colors of the rainbow. He held a present. "Sorry for the short notice, I couldn't send a scroll because you know... my Dad didn't want me to know. But..." he said. "I had to find out from little Dex, so yeah." Sophie stared at him. Lord Cassius didn't let Keefe know about it?!?! Whatever. At least he came. "I'm so short, huh?" a voice asked behind them. Dex. Keefe sighed. "Pretty much." Dex sighed. Then he looked at Sophie. "I brought you a present!" he said. She was still holding Keefe's, and she took the gift graciously. "Thanks." Then Sophie noticed them. The two of the triplets. "oh, right." Dex glared at them. "just ignore them and 3 of your problems will go away. But the other 5 still remain." He advised. Sophie giggled. Then she turned behind her to find Fitz and Biana. "Oh, hi Fitz." She said as casually as she could. Then she looked at Biana. "Biana... uh..." Biana rushed up to her and held up her hair in front of her face. "Oh...right," Sophie mumbled. It wasn't put up in anything, let alone brushed. "I came to take care of this." She said, letting Sophie's hair drop back by her head. "Let's go." She said. Biana half dragged her and sat her in a chair in the bathroom. Biana set down her bag on the sink, which Sophie assumed to be all kinds of perfumes and makeup. She pulled out a brush. She ratted through Sophie's hair, or so it sounded, but she didn't feel it at all. Then Sophie watched as Biana pulled Sophie's hair behind her head. There were a lot of tugs at her head, as Biana set up something at the back of her head. Then Biana backed away, and let Sophie look at herself in the mirror. "Wow." Is all that Sophie could think of to say, as she looked at her hair, which was all pulled to the back of her head in a bun, with wavy strands carefully weaved into it. "Wow," Sophie said again, and then turned to walk out the door. "Oh, no," Biana said. "Were not done here." Sophie was confused, but then she looked at Biana's bag again. Oh. Makeup. Sophie sat down again and looked in the mirror as Biana made her face transform. "There," Biana said, and Sophie looked at her face. Wow. She could recognize herself, and Biana had highlighted all her features. Wow. Is all she could think.

Sophie and Biana walked into the big tent, and Sophie saw that everyone else was already there. Valin and Jensi. Wylie had not shown up. Of course. He was with Linh now. It didn't really matter since Sophie had never liked Wylie anyways.

Sophie said goodbye to Biana as she glittered away. Now it was just her, the boys, and... Grady and Edaline. They had stationed themselves outside the tent, but just barely, narrowing their eyes at anyone who approached Sophie or even looked at her. She walked over to them. "Okay, guys, seriously you are freaking everyone out." Grady and Edaline looked at each other. "Listen, we're just watching." Sophie nodded. "Yeah, just watching but also making everyone steer clear of me for good." She said. "Can you guys please go inside? .... You can handle the music if you want." She added quickly when Grady opened his mouth to object. Then he closed his mouth and grinned his biggest. Oh no. Was Sophie's last thought, until they nodded and headed inside.