Chapter 12

"Sophie! Hi!" Fitz shouted from the door at Everglen. The Sleepover had been arranged, now it was time to go!! Dex and Keefe were already there, Great. She was the last one there. "Hi Fitz!" She said, and bolted up to the door. "I need to talk to you," Sophie whispered in his ear, and Fitz nodded, but hardly noticeable. "Uhh, Sophie? Let's go take your stuff upstairs." Fitz said. Then he looked at everyone else. "You guys can hunt through the fridge, and eat something. Biana," He looked at his sister. "Watch them. We'll be right back." Then they traveled up the stairs, as Keefe ran to the fridge, and grinned his biggest. "So..." Sophie started as they walked into Fitz's room. "Umm... I kinda didn't arrange this sleepover just for fun." Sophie blurted out, and Fitz looked at her. "Ohhhhhhh." He said. "I get it. You're going to announce who.." He smiled at her. "Were still good, right?" Sophie nodded. "Yes, of course. I just wanted to do this. I don't want this to seem all weird. I just want it to be like I've made up my mind, and you should be surprised." He nodded. "Okay." He said and leaned in. He draped his arms around her, and she did the same. Then their lips met. Sophie stayed there for a while, long enough to blow up any worries she had had about him, any doubts, he was the one. She could feel it. And she was going to let everyone know. "Everyone!" Della shouted, just as Dex was about to speak. "Dinner! Now!" Without a word, Keefe bolted in the direction of the dining room, grinning. Biana followed. "Sorry Dex, but I'm hungry." Dex sighed and then looked at Sophie. "I told you technology sucks." Then he turned and followed Biana. Sophie and Fitz looked at each other. Fitz shrugged. "He'll get over it." Then they both walked into the dining room. "Dinner is served!" Della announced, proudly holding out some sort of green mush. It looked like mashed potatoes that were rotten. Sophie tried not to think about that. Then Della walked in, holding strips that looked like chicken. But yellow. Lastly, Della came back holding drinks for everyone! Oh.Drinks that looked like swamp water. Okay, well, here it goes. She took a quick sip of the 'swamp water' which is what Sophie had named it.WOW! it tasted good! She ate the rest of her food up instantly, and now it was time for bed. This was it. It was now or never. And she was ready.