Chapter 32

It had been a few nights after Sophie had seen Keefe. She wondered where he had been, but she didn't have time to check. She had to tell Fitz about the whole Alicorn thing that happened. She just hadn't gotten around to it. 

           "So Vika tried to steal Luna?!!" Fitz asked, scrambling to dig out his Imparter. Sophie nodded. "I already hailed the council, so don't freak out, Okay?" He nodded, and looked into her eyes for so long that Sophie wondered if he was going crazy. "wait!" Once she realized what he was doing, she built an invisible barrier around her mind. He reeled on Sophie. "Why were you with Keefe? He has no right at this house!!!!!" Sophie's face turned redder. "You have no permission to read my mind! You just broke the law!" Fitz pounded his fist against the beanbag. "Well if you never tell me anything, I just had to! Why do you think I did it, huh? My own wife doesn't tell me she's hanging out with the guy who ruined my LIFE!" Sophie wasn't just mad. She was furious. She wa---- "Wait... Keefe ruined your life? What do you mean?" He didn't say anything, just turned away. "Listen, Fitz..." She placed a shaky hand on his even more shaky shoulder. "I just didn't have time to tell you,  I forgot but I really am sorry. But.. what happened with Keefe?" Fitz shoved her hand off his shoulder. "Stop trying to sweet talk me into this." He said, standing up to leave. "And.. If you don't tell me anything .. why should I bother?" Sophie opened her mouth to argue, but he had already walked away.