Chapter 49

Silveny? Silveny! SILVENY!! Sophie mentally called, wondering if the stabbing pain was affecting her mental search. She called again, then finally called it, and gave up the search. Fitz squeezed her hand. "Did you find her? Keefe is on the way." He said, all the annoyance now out of his voice. His crisp accent echoed in her ears. She waited a few moments before she could actually make sense of that sentence. "Um, yeah good thanks. Silveny didn't respo--" She got cut off by a sharp stabbing pain once again. "Uaahghh!" She made a noise that sounded like Sandor when he was frustrated. Edaline clutched Grady's leg. She looked up at Elwin. "Isn't there something you can give her?" She asked, her voice cracking. Elwin shook his head. "It's too late for that." He said, and Sophie once again got hit with a huge wave of fear that she couldn't ignore. Right then, Keefe burst in the door. "Sophie? Sophie!" He called, his voice cracking in pain. Sophie then remembered that he could feel her pain. "Oh Keefe! I'm so sorry, I forgot!" Keefe heaved and sat down on an empty cot. "Wow Fitzy, I knew you were out to get me. But literally, making me feel Sophie's pregnancy was not the way. Not cool, dude, not cool." He said, he suddenly clutched his stomach, squeaking in pain. "I'm so sorry, Keefe! I totally forgot, I jus--" Sophie got cut off by another stabbing pain. "Uaahghh!" She made the noise again. Keefe whipped his head up at her. "No, I'm glad you did." Sophie stared at him. "No, no, I mean I can help! Remember that breeze I sent into Linh's mind when we were saving Atlantis? I really think it will work!" He sounded so hopeful, and Sophie was really praying that it would. He took her hands, and took another deep breath in, before he put his hands to her temples, and plunged headfirst into the pain.