Chapter 54

"Sophie, you've done it." Were the last words she heard, before she faded away. 

Sophie's eyes shot open, she was in the healing centre. Why was sh-- "Fitz!" She suddenly remembered her painful pregnancy and how she blacked out after that. "Fitz! Elwin!" She called again, and someone then burst in the door. "Sophie!" It was Fitz and he was running towards her, and she held her arms open. He sprinted into them. "Oh Sophie. You're back!" He said, his voice muffled. They sat in the hug, his tears soaking into her sleeve and her tears into his. "You've been gone for so long." That caused Sophie to pull away from the hug. She wiped a tear from her cheek. "What do you mean? Gone?" She asked, and Fitz nodded. "You've been gone for 2 days." He said, wiping his cheek as well. He suddenly bolted up, and left out the door. Was the pain too much to handle or something? After a few moments, he came back with Elwin. They were each carrying a small, bundle of .. when she realized that they were carrying her children, she bounded out of the cot and ran the rest of the way towards them. "Oh, Fitz! They're beautiful!" She exclaimed, and Fitz nodded again. "Can we please name them? I've been dying to!" He said, and Sophie agreed she led him to the cot, and sat down with the boy in her arms. Fitz held the girl. "What, how do we do this?" She said, and Fitz shrugged. "Well in all my years being a parent I guess we could each name one?" He suggested and Sophie thought about that. "Sure." she decided. "But I'm going first." She looked down at the adorable baby wrapped in blue fabric. Okay. She thought to herself how am I going to do this?  She looked down at her son, and felt a rush of pride for him. focus Sophie, focus. She told herself. How about Suldreen? She suggested to .. herself, yeah! We could call him Soybean or ... Dean! Yes. Dean. She looked at her son, satisfied. "Suldreen. Dean for short" She said to Fitz, and Fitz smiled his approval. He looked down at their daughter. "Addison. Addy for short" He said, and Sophie nodded happily. She leaned into Fitz, smiling. Everything was perfect.