Chapter 18

"So..." Fitz asked on the day before the wedding. "Everything is seriously good to go.. oh! And also, Is this really happening?" Sophie smiled. "I know, crazy right?" Fitz nodded, smiling again. "I guess this is it. See you at the wedding tomorrow." Sophie nodded nervously. "Goodnight." Fitz's grin faded. "Goodnight." 

      Sophie looked around as all the guests filed into the big main foyer of Everglen. Biana had titled herself as Sophie's makeup and hair designer. When Sophie looked in the mirror, she gasped. "Oh Biana ..." Biana looked at her feet. What? I thought the eyeliner would work better than that! I'm sorry!" Sophie turned to Biana. "No, Biana ... Thank you so much!" She ran over to Biana in her painful high heels and Biana gasped. "You can't run in those! You'll scratch them!" Sophie ignored her comment, and hugged Biana for at least five minutes straight. "Thank you Thank you Thank you!!" Biana smiled. "Any time." 

  Sophie paced around the tiny room she waited in until she had to walk into the foyer. Her hands were shaking and she felt like she was going to puke. But she knew this was what she wanted. Suddenly, the room turned dark. Sophie screamed. She ran to the door but it was locked. Sophie waited quietly for something - anything to happen. 

 160 seconds ... 247 seconds ..... 375 secon.... The door creaked open, and Sophie asked, "Fitz?" But before she could say anything more, the figure swooped in, locked the door again, and ran towards her. Then a second figure crashed through the window in the room and opened the curtains. Now that there was light in the room, Sophie could make out two black cloaked figures. Not again! The first figure grabbed her and shoved her to the floor. The second tied her hands and feet. Sophie heard the signal for her to walk out into the isle, and she screamed louder. She heard Biana at the door, asking "Sophie? SOPHIE?!!" Sophie was in the middle of one scream when one of the figures shoved a vial of liquid down her throat. They plugged her nose and mouth so she had to swallow and then she could feel herself losing consciousness. A sedative Sophie tried to scream but she couldn't. Her last thought was: Another trip to the Neverseen. Before she faded away.