Chapter 5

Sophie was assigned to making invitations. Great. She sucked at addressing people of things, usually, she only did it when Mr. Forkle was there to help her, and when he was, he was the one who did almost all of the talking. She decided to do a few thumbnails, what humans called little rough copy drawings to start her off. One was a design, that she looked upon her iPod, the one Dex had fixed for her because she needed to look up what the little window with the sign, a memory that she had regained, meant. The first thumbnail, she drew kind of free handed, with lines all around the words, 'You're Invited.' She thought it looked good, but you have to start with at least three. The second one, the words were in the clouds, and it was bubble letters like the words were meant to be there. The third, was nicer, a few roses on the side, and the words a little bit off-center. Sophie had already decided on that one before it was even done. She liked the way it flowed, and the flowers worked with everything. Once she had made a larger size of the third thumbnail, she colored it in and wrote all the times and who else was going to be there, and the destination, and made 7 more...... She sighed a big long sigh and went down to lay on her bed. She only sat there for a few moments, until Someone knocked on the door. Sophie figured it was Edaline and made a mean comment. She wanted to sleep. "Come in." She growled, and the knocker turned out to be Fitz. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was such a pain." Sophie squeaked in surprise. Then she sighed a big, heavy sigh again. "No, Fitz. It's just Edaline. She's been driving me crazy, with all this Winnowing Gala stuff, and Tam ca....." "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down there!" Fitz said. "Winnowing Gala? Tam? WHAT??" Sophie looked down at her feet, deciding that saying it quick would help. "Tam came back from the Neverseen Edaline is planning the Winnowing Gala I just made invitations and....." Fitz started nodding. "So Tam came back. What'd he have to say about that?" Honestly, Sophie was taken aback by the question. She was preparing for a, 'YOU DIDN'T TELL ME YOU WERE HAVING A WINNOWING GALA, WE ARE GOING TO LIVE TOGETHER, REMEMBER?" Or something along those lines. Once Fitz caught on to what she had said more closely, he looked at her in alarm. "You're having a Winnowing Gala?" He said, and Sophie nodded in fear. Fitz and Sophie both were lost for words until Fitz fumbled up with something. "Uhhh... Where?" He asked lamely, Sophie looked back up at him. "Calla's Panakes tree," Sophie said. Then she jumped at Fitz, as he was about to leave. "Listen, Fitz. I still like you. A lot, and ..." Sophie started. "I must do this if I don't want to be any more freaky, and..." She was cut off as he leaned in, and his lips touched hers.