Chapter 61

This chapter is dedicated to @MaryamApplesauce, who has supported this book from the beginning.    

"That's not ... possible." Fitz said, tearing his hands through his hair in confusion. They both looked over their children, which where yet another problem they had to solve. Fitz's confused grunt tore Sophie out of her thoughts. "Maybe you just caught Addy in the nick of time?" Fitz suggested, but Sophie shook her head even though she herself had considered the possibility. "Then how was Dean levitating two inches from the ceilng?" Sophie cougntered.

Fitz seemed puzzled then.

Sophie continued, "And it can't just be a matter of chance that this both happened on the same day, right?" She added onto her point. Fitz stared at her for a moment, then snapped back into focus. "Perhaps you're right. We can't figure this out on our own, we need Elwin. And maybe my Dad." He admitted

Sophie was tempted to jump on that opportunity right that second. But she couldn't. "Well that isn't going to happen tonight." She said, her gaze turning to Addy, who was done her food, and trying to steal a piece of Dean's. Fitz watched them as well. 

"First thing in the morning." Fitz agreed, and reached for Dean, who was arms stretched out, into it. Addy on the other hand was trying to shove as much food in her mouth as she could. Sophie raised her eyebrows. "Time for bed!"

After a matter of screaming and crying, Addy and Dean finally made it to their beds, and once they were in, it started to fall quiet. 

Sophie and Fitz tip-toed out the door. "So," Sophie said grabbing Fitz's hand. "Whatcha wanna do?"Fitz squeezed Sophie's hand and then let go. "I have to do a bunch of stuff to take care of, were still trying to figure out who is going to replace councilor Oralie." He said. "And, I have to make sure that NO ONE chooses Keefe. Can you imagine?" He said, and then headed in the direction of his office. 

She didn't know how she felt about Keefe becoming a councilor. He would be happy to be something 'important'. He would be able to get over his mother if he was a councilor. 

Sophie then realized she should probably check on Addy and Dean. 

Once she arrived at their door, she cracked it open. Her eyes widened. In front of her was half of the room fire, half of the room water. It was hard to make sense of in her head, even though she could see it clearly. There was a water bubble around Addy, and a ball of fire around Dean. But ... Dean wasn't hurt or burning. And Addy's head had an air pocket. 

Had her 10 month old babies just manifested?