Chapter 35

"Okay, just to make sure, we want a whole entire floor for this child, right?" Fitz nodded, smiling as he dreamed about what it would be like. Sophie sighed. "Yeah, Grady. The whole half of the third floor." She said, into her little Imparter. Grady nodded. "Okay, I will have the gnomes come over at about 2:00 today. Will  that work?" Sophie was still deciding if she was going to want to be here for the wrecking, but she managed to agree. "Oh! Also, Edaline and I might come over with the gnomes. Edaline is kind of missing you, and she is SUPER stressed about how this is going to turn out. I mean, the whole pregn--" Sophie cut him off. "Thanks, Dad." He smiled, realizing he'd gone too far. "Sooo.... I forgot what I was going to say ... " He trailed off, looking confused. His loud "Oh!" Made Sophie jump, and accidentally fling the Imparter across the room. "Sorry!" He shouted into the Imparter, as Sophie scrambled to get it back. She sat down on the couch again, and Fitz wrapped his arm around her shoulder. Grady kept talking. "So, back to what I was saying .. " He grinned evilly at Fitz. "We gotta talk about some stuff when I come over ..." He grinned again. Fitz looked genuinely scared, so he covered the speaker but still whispered to Sophie, "Should I be concerned?" Sophie turned to face him. "No, he is probably going to give you a lecture of some sort." She smiled. "Don't worry! It'll just be painful, aggonizing, embarrassing, awkwar---" Fitz put his finger on her lips and smiled sarcastically. "Thanks for the reassurance." Sophie couldn't help but giggle a little. Then Fitz pulled his hand off of the speaker, and winked at Grady. Grady glared the both of them. "Are you done muting me yet?" Sophie waved at Grady. "Bye, Dad! See you at 2:00!" She smiled, and before Grady could say anything, she pressed the 'End Call' button, and the screen turned black. Leaving Sophie and Fitz to drift in their worried thoughts.