Chapter 13

DAUNTE'S POV

Sitting here in my office trying to get that kiss out my mind. My hands on her soft skin. The way her lips felt so soft. The way her lips moved to mine. Like our lips were meant to be together. But then she left me standing there wondering what I did wrong.

Im a mafia leader and Im sitting here thinking about a stupid kiss with a girl who just left like it was nothing. But I still felt like I needed to protect her from harm, from love and from others.

But Why?

*********************

KEYONAS POV

I woke up with Nova in my bed. I opened my eyes with a smile on my face. I kept thinking about the kiss. The kiss I shared with a stranger. With Mr. Daunte De Luca, rich man but who is also Olivers boss.

Knowing I just made made out with his boss made my smile disappear and turn into sadness. Because I when kissed, I felt like I needed him more. Like I didnt want to leave his side. Like I needed him to breath. when I pushed him away I wanted to pull him right back. But I couldnt. I couldnt betray my brother like that. What kind of sister would I have been.

I dont know how I would act around him. What would he think of me? Would he hate me? Would he try disown me? Hate me? A lot of different question pop in my head. But one question keeps repeating itself, would I do it again?

Im cut out my thought with Nova stirring awake.

"Morning, how long have you been up?" She ask.

"Just now waking up."

"But why you look like you were just thinking about what happened last night with Mr. De Luca?" She smirked and wiggled her eyebrows at me.

I rolled my eyes at her "I wasnt."

"Are you forgetting I know you Keyona." What was crazy is that she really did. Ever since we became cousins. When my aunty first adopted her and the twin, we were attatched at the hip. She knew my like the back of her hand.

"Fine. Yes I was. I just dont want to hurt Oliver. I dont want him to be disappointed in me. But the kiss was amazing Nova." I said sadly.

"Amazing enough to do it again?"

I take a deep breath and look at her. "Yes. But I cant."

We sit there in silence for a minute. Not saying a single word. Until she breaks the silence.

She sat up with a huge smile on her face, "Lets go to the market today!"

I look at her for a second and nod my head. I look at the clock and see its only 10am. Knowing the boys are probably still in bed and drunk, no point of asking them.

"It might just be us two since the boys are sleep still." I tell her.

"Thats fine with me. It would be good to spend some girl time, without the boys hovering over us all the time. Lets go take showers and get ready. Its suppose to be really hot today. So wear a dress or shorts." She said and got up and left.

We got ready and within an hour, I texted the boys to let them know where we were going and when we will be back so they dont try to call 911 or go crazy because they cant find us. Trust, it happened before.

 Trust, it happened before