Chapter 7

Keyona POV

Leaving the club and getting into the car was awkward. I wanted to ask Oliver if he was in some type of trouble but I knew it was a bad idea. I knew if I asked him, he would figure out I knew something and he was just worried all the time. So I let it go. We drove in silence and when we finally got back to the house, I got out and headed straight towards my room. I go in and go straight to the shower. I get undressed and hop in. Once I was done, I got out and walked into the room, and put on my SpongeBob pajamas and my white fuzzy slippers.

I head downstairs and go to the kitchen and make myself some Grey Earl tea. Once I put it in my cup, I head back towards my room and head straight towards the balcony. I sit in one of the lounge chairs with my tea in my hands. Closing my eyes to hear the sound of the waves hitting the shore. I must have been in my own world cause I hear someone clear their throat and I turn around towards the door and see Oliver stand there.

"I thought you went home," I said, turning back towards the ocean.

"Nope, it's too late for me to drive across town to my apartment so I'm going to stay in one of the extra guest rooms. But I wanted to come to check on you before I head to bed." He said.

"I'm fine Oli."

"Princess, you broke the guy's jaw and nose. Something ticked you off. You wouldn't have just kicked his ass like that." I just sigh. "Have you been having nightmares again Key?" I turn to face him and just stare at him for a second. He sighs and walks over to the chair next to mine and sits down.

"How long Keyona?" I take a deep breath. "The past few months."

"Why did you call or tell me?" He asked.

"Oliver, you barely came home these past few months because you were living your life out here. I didn't want to bother you with my problems. You have more important things than me. I don't want you to stop living your life because of me." I explained. He just stares at me.

"Keyona, look at me." I take a deep breath and look at him with tears in my eyes. "You will always be the most important thing to me. Your problems are mine. I'm your big brother Keyona, I'm suppose to be there for you, and I'm so so so sorry that I haven't been there for you. I'm sorry I abandoned you and made you feel like you couldn't come to me." He reaches over to me and pulls me into a hug. I let the tears go and a few fall on his shoulder.

"How about we cuddle in your bed and watch NetFlix." He says. I nod my head. "But can we sit out here for a few more minutes? Please?" He looks at me and smiles "Of course Princess."

That's what we did. We sat in comfortable silence and it was relaxing but my mind kept on going back to the office conversation he had with Leslie. What secret is he keeping from me? We never kept secrets from each other so I was kinda hurt that it seems he is keeping a big one from me. I won't let it bother me right now though. I know he will tell me when he is ready.

THE NEXT MORNING

I woke with my phone ringing. I pick it up without looking at the caller I.D.

"Hello?" I said with a groggy voice.

"Keyona? Dear?" I shot up when I heard my mother's voice.

"Hey, mom. How are you?"

"I'm fine sweetie. I just wanted to check on you and make sure you were alright." She said in a worried tone. My mom has always been cautious when I wasn't around her. She would call or text me every hour when I was at school because she thought something was wrong. I understand why she felt like that because of what happened when we were five. The situation that still haunts me.