Chapter 9

Keyona POV

It is a warm and beautiful day today. The wind blows through my hair while I jump out of the car, excited for today. I walk to the trunk, open it and grab my things. I start to walk towards the beach before someone grabbed my arm. I turn around and see Oliver.

"Slow down, let's wait for the others." He says.

"But I don't want to," I whine. "Everyone is taking forever." I cross my arms over my chest and pout my bottom lip out. Oliver stares at me and shakes his head.

He rolls his eyes. "Fine, how about you go find us a place to sit. But make sure you stay close so I can see you." I nod my head and walk off towards the beach.

Taking off my sandals and hold them in my hands. I took a step and felt the warm sand between my toes. I close my eyes, take a deep breath smelling the salty fresh water and the sun's warmness on my face. I open my eyes and walk towards the ocean. I look around and find a spot about 20 feet away from the shoreline. I head over there and take my beach towel out of my bag and lay it down. I take off my top cover revealing my white bathing suit.

I turn around to see if I can spot Oliver and the others and I do. They stand there with everything in their hands searching for me. I start to jump and wave my arms. Nova sees me and points my way, making everyone look over my way. They start to walk towards me. Leo and Kevion carrying a white and blue cooler. I see Nova running towards me and jumping in my arms when she reaches me, making us both fall on the sand.

"Get off fat ass!" I yell. She looks at me and gasps. She gets up and stares at me, hand on her chest, and gasp.

"I am not fat." She smacks her lip and I roll my eyes at her. It was true she wasn't fat. She weight about 120
pounds and had curves. While I weighed a good 145 pounds but all in the right places.

"Well, I felt you squishing me so your fat," I said with a smirk on my face. She put her arms across her chest and stomped her foot like a child "You're a meanie Keyona!" I just shake my head and laughed at her. They guys finally reach us.

"You found a good spot, sis," Aydin said. "I know, I'm the best." They all just laughed.

They put the cooler down by me. They all then started to pull their towel out of their bags to lay them down beside mine. We all then started to put sunscreen on. It was hot out so I wanted to go to the water.

"Nova, let's go in the water!" I look at her with a smile. She hops up quickly and then smirks at me, "Race you!" She yells and took off in a sprint into the water. I look over at the boys "y'all coming?" They just shook their head. I shrugged and ran after Nova.

I finally reach her and she just stands there. "What's wrong Nova?" I asked and she just said "It's cold as fuck! I'm not getting in!" I start laughing. "You are so dramatic, come on. It will get warm after a few seconds!" She just shakes her head and starts to walk off.

She was really about to leave me here by myself because she said it was cold. Oh nope, not happening! I hurry and think of something before she can leave.

I noticed my hair is still down. Nova is that girl that always has extra hair ties on her wrists because she has thick long hair and always needs about 10 to keep her hair in a perfect bun. I look at her wrist and see she has a few on them.

"WAIT NOVA!" I yell. She looks back at me with a raised eyebrow. "I need one of your hair ties, please. I forgot mine in my purse."

She looks at me for a second and starts to walk towards me. I smile at her and she holds her wrist out to me so I can take one-off. I am standing in the shallow part of the ocean. Waves hitting against my **calves. I reach out to her and start to take one off but when I saw she wasn't paying attention, I quickly grabbed her wrist. She quickly stares at me and her eyes go wide.