|| Jon Matteson x Reader ||

It was a Saturday morning and rooms were filled with people. It was the first day of Homecoming rehearsals. Most people in the room had never met before, or hadn't seen each other in years, so there was squealing and screaming. You walked through, trying to find Jon, when you were stopped by someone.

"Y/N?" They gasped.

"Oh my gosh, Rachael!" You hugged the small girl tightly.

"I haven't seen you in ages!" She pouted, not letting go.

"I know! I've missed you! How have you been?" You asked, peeling yourself off of her, but instead holding her hands.

"I've been good! How are you! We have to catch up soon! Why don't we go get lunch tomorrow?" She said excitedly, bouncing up and down.

"We definitely have to catch up! I'd love to go get lunch! I have to go find Jon, but I'll see you around okay?" You say giving her another quick hug.

You weave your way through the crowd to find Jon talking to Mariah and Corey.

"There you are, I've been looking for you," You smiled at him, giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

"I've just been here," He chuckled, putting his arm around your shoulders.

"Hey Y/N," Mariah grinned, giving a small wave.

"Hey," You replied. Everyone was so friendly all the time.

"I'm sorry, I gotta go, but I'll see you guys later," Mariah told you apologetically, before rushing off. Corey was already in another conversation with Brian Holden. It was just you and Jon.

"Have you met Alex yet?" You asked him.

"No," He shook his head.

"You should! She was one of my best friends when I was in Twisted. Me, Rachael and Alex were like a power trio. Jeff would always try to include himself," You paused. "It never worked,"

You pulled him over to Alex.

"Y/N!" She exclaimed once she saw you.

"Hey Al! How are you?" You asked, grinning.

"I'm good!"

"Have you talked to Rach yet?" You asked, curiously.

"Not yet, I haven't seen her around. What about you?"

"I talked to her on my way in. We're gonna go get lunch tomorrow and catch up. Wanna come with?" You offered.

"That would be awesome! It would be like during Twisted," She laughed.

"Aw, yeah," You pouted. "Anyways, this is my boyfriend Jon," You smiled proudly.

"Aw boyfriend? Since when?" She gasped.

"Four years ago now. I introduced him to Starkid, and that's how he got into The Guy Who Didn't Like Musicals,"

"You wizard! You always get the talented guys!" She pushed your shoulder.

Jon just smiled awkwardly in response to the implied compliment.

"Remember Kyle?"

"Yes, I remember Kyle," You rolled your eyes.

"How come you never told me?" She asked.

"We've all been busy, you know?" You told her. "You know now though,"

"Yeah. Well I should get going. It was nice to meet you Jon! Text me about tomorrow!" She called out as she disappeared into the crowd.

You both just smiled at each other.

"What?" You asked him.

"I love seeing you happy. You're always happy around your friends," He grinned.

"I'm happy around people I love," You nodded.

"Are you happy around me?" He asked.