|| Robert Manion x Reader ||

"Y/N?" You heard your name being called softly from the other side of your bedroom door. You allowed Robert, your best friend of 4 years to stay at your house, so you recognised the voice immediately and bit your lip.

"Go away," You huffed, hoping he wouldn't pry any longer.

"I'm worried about you," You heard him lean up against the door.

"Well then stop worrying, I'm fine," You rolled your eyes, hoping once again he'd forget about you. Just like everyone else did.

"Y/N, we both know fine doesn't really mean fine," He sighed.

"Well guess what, this time is does, now go," You snapped.

"I'm not leaving. You've been locked in your room for days,"

"What, is that a crime?" You groaned.

"No, but it's concerning," He tapped on the door.

"I don't care. I'm fine, and even if I wasn't I'm not letting you in anyway," You replied stubbornly.

"You're being a pain," He whispered.

"When am I not," You rolled your eyes, tears stinging them as you did so.

"I just want to help you. I know something's wrong sunshine," He used his nickname on you. He knew you crumbled whenever he used that nickname. He used it when he wanted to know he really loved you, and you always felt bad if you dismissed him after that.

You broke down into tears, which was an immediate signal for Robert to burst through the door, and wrap you up in a hug.

"I'm all ears," Robert said.

"No one cares," you managed to get through sobs.

"Of course people care!" Robert gasped, rubbing your shoulder with his thumb.

"No they don't," You squeezed your eyes, letting the tears fall uncontrollably.

"What makes you say that?" He asked softly. You shook your head. He knew you weren't ready to talk about it. That's the thing you loved about Robert. He understood you better than anyone else, and even accepted you no matter what. He just hugged you until you calmed down, and it made you feel special.

You had a fat crush on Robert for a really long time, but you had waited the feeling out, hoping it would disappear. The feeling was so suppressed, it felt like it was ready to burst through your skull, but you refused to tell anyone, because you were such close friends. You didn't want to ruin it in any sort of way, so you felt like it was best to suppress it anyway.

Once you had finished explaining everything, how everyone would just ignore you, dismiss you and make you feel worthless, he hugged you tighter, making sure you felt secure.

"Okay, get up," He stood up, towering over you.

"What? Why?" You furrowed your eyebrow.

"Because we're gonna go do something fun,"

"I'm not going out," You shook your head, looking behind Robert at a mirror. You looked hideous, due to the non stop crying and unbrushed hair that you weren't planning on brushing any time soon.

"We don't have to leave to have fun," he grinned. He dragged you into the lounge room, and turned on Doctor Who, you and Robert's favourite series to watch together. Robert had always been busy, and you were always too down to watch anything, so you hadn't sat down to watch it in forever. You gasped when you saw it pop up on the TV.

"I knew you'd be happy," He smiled. "Popcorn, ice cream or chocolate?" He called from the kitchen.

"All of the above," You chuckled, grabbing a blanket and wrapping it around yourself.

"Valid answer," He nodded, throwing a popcorn bag into the microwave.

Once he gathered all of the snacks, he joined you on the couch. He positioned himself underneath you, so that you could lean up against him. His warmth instantly brought you comfort. You watched a few episodes, before you interrupted him, to tell him everything.

He nodded, and turned the TV off. You rambled, taking deep breaths throughout.

"I feel like I'm always being ignored by everyone. I just don't feel special. Which annoys me because I'm not special so I shouldn't feel like people should be obliged to make me feel special. So this makes me feel selfish and annoying. I also feel dismissed as if I don't exist, so I feel like secluding myself is helping everyone because everyone basically hates me. But because I'm never around I feel useless and worthless. So it's essentially a whole cycle of hating myself," You bit your lip. "Plus on top I'm suppressing a ton of feelings that probably aren't good for me to suppress. Obviously for example the fact that I'm constantly sad, and mad at myself. I'm also madly in love with you, which definitely isn't helping any of this," You burned red.

You didn't realise how difficult it would be to say until you said it.

"W-what?" He blinked a few times.

"You heard me," You cracked off a square of chocolate, putting it in your mouth. "You know how they say that suppressing feelings is the worst thing to do? Yeah I've been doing that for like 8 months now," You blushed, shrugging as if it weren't a big deal.

"R-really?" He stammered. "Well, I'm gonna start by saying your emotions are valid. If you're not happy, that's okay, but you need to tell me so I can help you. I don't think that people's intentions are to hurt you, but if they are, I'll hurt them. And for your second point-" He said quicker than you could comprehend, so it caught you off guard when his lips were pressed up against yours.

You could practically feel the warmth of his cheeks from his blushing so hard. You smiled into the kiss, using one of your hands to hold his warm cheek.

"Do you wanna repeat that? I couldn't hear a thing," You smiled.

"I don't remember a thing, but I do remember the second part," He chuckled.

"That works too," You shrugged, grinning, before leaning in again.

this is lowkey rushed i'm so sorry. i've been away for a few days so i haven't had time to write much lately. this was a request from ashowstoppingstarkid!