|| Joey Richter x Reader PT 3 ||

I'm sorry if this is confusing since I just posted a Joey chapter, but this carries on from the other one I did!

PREVIOUSLY

"Fuck, I have to go," You notice the time.

"Don't forget me,"

"I could never,"

You hug each other again. You clutch onto the back of his shirt, and embrace him one last time.

Then you leave the house without another word.

++++++++++++++

You sighed, collapsing on the unfamiliar bed. You hated being away from home, and it had only been less than a day. But I guess it wasn't home anymore. This was home. Or at least your house.

You'd promised you'd call Joey and everyone else as soon as you arrived, but you didn't think you'd be able to bring myself to do it. You had cried too many tears already, all you wanted to do was wrap yourself up in blankets and sleep. You looked at the time. It was only 6pm, and if you wanted to adjust to the timezone, you had to sleep at a regular time.

You heard a buzz come from your phone. You checked it. It was from Lauren.

You've arrived right? Don't forget to call me!

You badly just wanted to ignore it; you weren't in the mood to talk to anyone right now. But you fought the urge to throw your phone across the room, and called her.

"Hey Lo," You faked a cheery tone.

"Y/N!!" She exclaimed. "How are you??"

"Pretty awful, not gonna lie," You sighed. "I'm tired, and I miss everyone, and I honestly just kind of want to crawl in a hole, how are you?" You rolled your eyes, your voice full of sarcasm.

"Oh. I'm sorry! Maybe I should call you back in the morning. Now's probably not a very good time huh," She said.

"It's fine, I have nothing better to do, since I'm just trying to wait until at least 9 to sleep,"

"Good. Because I've stayed up till 3am to call you," She admitted.

"What!!?? Why?" Your eyes widened.

"Because I didn't want to miss your call!" She exclaimed in defence.

"Dude get some sleep! Call me in the morning, you need your sleep. I'll be fine," You almost shouted.

"I'll be okay. I'm already here now right?" She protested. "So tell me, how'd it all go?"

"I mean, it was boring but like, aren't most flights anyway? Luggage was delayed, I was ready to fall asleep," You complained. "Plus my Uber was extremely late, but other than that it's okay so far,"

"I'm sorry. I wish you were here," You could hear her frown.

"Don't feel bad for me," You shook your head, even though she couldn't see it. "I'm sure I'll adjust to everything soon enough,"

"I hope you do. But I know you will, because you're Y/N and you're the most powerful bitch I know," She said assertively.

"I guess I'll take that as a compliment?" You posed the statement as a question.

"I don't know what I'm saying anymore, It's 3am," She laughed groggily into the phone.

"Oh no- I'm gonna be talking to delusional Lauren all night,"

"Delusional Lauren is the best Lauren," She said as if she was drunk.

"Okay you're tired, not drunk," You chuckled.

"I'm neither!" She shouted.

"Shut up Lauren, you're gonna wake everyone up," You scolded as if you were there with her. Which you wished you were.

"They'll live," She replied.

The two of you talked for at least another hour before Lauren got too tired to even talk. So you basically forced her to hang up and get some sleep. She obliged.

The time was still only 7:30; you still had another hour or so until I could fall asleep. You groaned, staring out of the window, holding back any urge to cry. You knew reality would hit you but I didn't realise it was so soon. You ordered some food to get your mind of off everything, and spent the rest of the night lounging around until you fell asleep.

++++++++++++

The next day you woke up fairly late. It was around 9:45am when you rolled out to get ready. You needed to go shopping to buy... anything, so the mall seemed like the most reasonable place to go to.

The day seemed to drag for some reason. You felt down, but it didn't feel any different than usual.

You got back to your house, sighing, as you sat down on the couch in the living room.

You had to do something to make you feel better. Because if you spent the rest of your life feeling upset that you were away from home, you'd probably lose your mind.

So you sat down at your desk and drew in your notebook. It allowed you to escape all of your thoughts, because that's all you needed at that moment.

You didn't realise the time hit 8pm. You'd even forgotten to eat dinner, but you weren't bothered to buy or make anything, so you shrugged it off.

There was a knock at the door. Confused and skeptical, you slowly walked over to the door. You listened out for any noise. There was shuffling, but other than that it was silent.

You opened the door and almost collapsed because of the shock you were in. You fiddled with the bottom of your shorts.

"J-Joey?" You sputtered, pinching your thigh, just to make sure you weren't dreaming.

"I couldn't do it," He choked out, almost in tears. You didn't reply, just wrapped him up in a hug. Inhaling his familiar scent was enough to have you sobbing. You pulled away and just stared at him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" You said finally.

"I told you- I couldn't do it. Not without you," He shook his head.

"But you- But I- This can't- You can't," You shook your head, unable to gather the right words.

"I know," He muttered. "It was very spontaneous. But is there room for another?" He asked hopefully.

You bit your lip, nodding, allowing him to come inside.

"There always was,"

I'm sorry this is fairly short, but fandomwriter0328 requested a part 3 so this is what I came up with!! I hope it's okay!!