|| Lauren Lopez x Reader ||

You sat at your desk, tapping furiously at the backspace button. You were trying to get some work done, but nothing was working. You had been struggling for hours, writing things out just to delete them. Your deadline was getting closer, and you weren't getting anywhere.

You covered your face with your hands in frustration, as your girlfriend, Lauren, walked into the room. She frowned at you, who was clearly mentally exhausted.

"Hey," She said softly. You removed your hands, sighing. She came up behind you, wrapping her arms around your neck in a hug.

"Hey Lo," You whispered.

"You're stressed," She stated the obvious.

"Correct," You chuckled softly.

"Let's get you out of here then," She tapped you on the shoulder, encouraging you to get up.

"No," You shook your head. "I can't,"

"Why not?" She went into your wardrobe, trying to pick out something for you to change into.

"Because I have work to do," You motioned towards your laptop.

"You're struggling," She threw clothes on the bed.

"Okay, sure," You rolled your eyes. "That doesn't mean I don't have to work on it,"

"Just take a break," She approached you again, placing a kiss on your head. "This will help you, I promise,"

"But-"

"Y/N!" She cut you off.

Lauren threw some of the clothes from the bed, in your direction, hitting your face.

"Get dressed,"

"Where are we even going?" You groaned.

"I don't know," She shrugged. "Do you wanna go hang out with friends? Or?" She rummaged through your wardrobe to find one of your jackets to put on.

You shrugged. "This was your idea,"

"Kay, fine," She smiled. "Let's have a picnic," She also stole a pair of sunglasses from your side table.

"A picnic?" You scoffed, looking at your laptop.

"Why are you scoffing?" She furrowed her eyebrows. "It's just like our first date, you asshole," She joked.

You didn't say anything.

"Oh come on, don't act like you don't want to go," She rolled her eyes. "I'm gonna go pack. If you're not out of here in 15 minutes, I'm dragging you out of here myself," She told you, putting the sunglasses on the very bridge of her nose, so you could see her eyes. "I mean it!" She closed the door behind her as she left the room.

You sighed, but couldn't help but smile. Of course you were going to go. Any time with Lauren is worth every unwritten paper.

You got out of your chair, and looked at the outfit she picked. She knew you so well. You put on the clothes that she threw on the bed, and touched up your hair, before screwing it, and putting on a hat that matched with your outfit.

You grabbed your phone, shut your laptop, and walked out of the room.

Lauren had packed a picnic basket, just like the one on your first date.

"Why are you doing this for me?" You asked her, as she closed the basket.

"You really don't know?" She grabbed her keys and the bag, before leading you to the car.

"Um, no?" You said, more like a question.

"It's our one year," She sighed.

Your heart stopped.