|| Joey Richter x Reader PT 2 ||

This chapter was inspired by the Jim And The Povolos song "Without You I Don't Know"

I've been obsessed with JATP for a while now- but specifically this song will make me cry every time tbh. It's so sweet. Please listen to it before or after you read this chapter!!

PREVIOUSLY

"I'm glad you came by," Brian nods gratefully.

"Me too," Meredith agrees.

You give them both another hug before getting back in the car, and driving back to your house.

+++++++++++++

You get home and stand at the doors, tears already streaming down your face. Apart of you isn't even sure why you were crying. But now that you'd started, you couldn't stop. You unlock the door.

Quickly, he runs over to you and squishes you in a hug immediately, only making you cry harder.

"Don't leave me," He whispers.

"I don't want to," You whisper back. "We both knew this was coming though," You took a deep breath.

"Yeah," he frowns. "I'm going to miss you so much,"

"I'm going to miss you too Joey," He wraps you in a hug again.

~Flashback to 9 months ago~

"You're welcome to stay for as long as you need to," You offered, putting your hand on his shoulder.

"Wait really? You don't have to do this," He responded, shocked.

"Of course! I'm real lonely anyway. We're close enough friends right?" You told him.

He didn't say anything, just hug you gratefully.

1 month later we started dating.

2 months later we moved into a new house together.

"Joey, I have to talk to you," You sighed.

"W-what? About what?" He asked, scared.

"I uh- I'm moving out in October," You told him.

"Oh. Why?" He frowned.

You explained to him why you had to move (dude I'm the least creative person I couldn't think of any reason why they'd have to move, so just use your imagination) and he just listened to you.

"Well at least October isn't too soon,"

"Let's make the most of it then," You said.

~

"Happy 6 months," Joey wrapped his arms around your waist.

"Aw, you remembered," You blushed.

"Of course I remembered," He scoffed. "You know what that means though,"

"2 more months until I leave?"

"Yeah," He squeezed you tighter, lovingly, as if he was refusing to ever let you go.

"Why are we even counting down," You sighed.

"Because it makes it slower," He shrugged.

"It's gone pretty fast to me," You said.

"It'd go fast either way," His eyes started to water.

"Then let's stop counting. Just live in the moment," You nodded.

"You're right," He smiled.

~

~Flashback over~

"Please please please don't go," He whimpers, his hand cupping your cheek.

"You know I have to, love," You whisper.

"You know, I never actually thought you would leave," He chuckles. "I always thought you said that and then the time would come and you'd just say "never mind, I think I'll just stay,"" He closes his eyes, making more tears fall down his cheek.

You don't reply. Just study his face. He's broken. A wreck. You hate seeing him like this.

"I wish we could skip this," You say all of a sudden.

"Skip what?"

"All of this. The hurt, the pain, the brokenheartedness," You sigh.

"Me too,"

"I hate seeing you like this," You shake your head. "I really do,"

"I'm coming to visit you," He looks at you. "I-if you don't mind,"

"Of course I don't mind. J-just- just go on with life though. I mean- put yourself first. Stay happy," You tell him.

"I-I will," he responds hesitantly. "Uh- Y/N? Can I ask you something?"

"Anything,"

"What's going to happen to our relationship?" He whispers, most likely fearful of the answer.

"Do you think we could do long distance," You hold his hand.

"Can I be honest? No," He holds his breath.

"Me neither," You let a tear fall.

We stay silent. Taking it all in. Facing reality.

"Can we make a promise though," You say.

"Of course,"

"Can we not see anyone else? Maybe until we've both decided we can? I just couldn't stand to see you with someone else when I know I can't be with you. I know that probably sounds selfish. But-"

"Yes. I don't even think I'd be able to find anyone as good as you,"

You smile weakly.

"Okay," You whisper.

"Okay," he repeats.

"Fuck, I have to go," You notice the time.

"Don't forget me," 

"I could never,"

You hug each other again. You clutch onto the back of his shirt, and embrace him one last time.

Then you leave the house without another word.