|| Lauren Lopez x Reader ||

not entirely sure about this, but i wrote it so we're gonna post it anyway

this takes place during the Scream read-through :)

"Alright, the call's starting," Lauren called out to you from the kitchen bench.

"No problem!" You replied from your room.

Lauren was going to be partaking in an unrehearsed read-through of the movie Scream, with some of her friends from Starkid. She didn't want you in the room while she was on the call, but you were still able to hear her from your room.

"Okay, let's go through our beautiful cast, and say who we're all playing," Once voice said cheerfully. There were muffled voices, you presumed each saying which character they were going to be reading for.

"I'm Lauren Lopez and I'm going to be playing Gale Weathers," She said trying hard to hold in a laugh. You smiled, she was so cute.

You listened intently while Lauren was on the call. Everyone seemed like they were having so much fun.

You really couldn't help but laugh most of the time, even though you couldn't even see what was going on, everything you heard was making you laugh.

"Okay, you know what, I'm joining in on this action," You walked out of your room almost hours later.

"Hey," Lauren said, blushing.

"You look ridiculous," You chuckled softly looking at her with clipped bangs and a pink fluorescent blazer.

"It's my Gale Weathers," She laughed. "How'd I do?"

"Great," You nodded sincerely.

"Hey look, it's Y/N!" Robert said interrupting the reading.

"Hi all," You waved at them. You knew most of them since Lauren would bring you to rehearsals, or she'd invite you to events where they were also invited. "Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt, just wanted to watch this madness,"

"We're almost finished," Lauren smiled.

"That's okay," You shrugged, sitting down next to her.

"Okay, where did we leave off?" Robert skimmed his screen. "Oh here. Sidney looks up to see: Gale Weathers, correspondent for Top Story, holding the gun in a death grip, as smoke rises above the gun's chamber,"

Lauren held her hand up as a gun.

"Guess I remembered the safety that time, asshole," She replied, in which everyone smiled, Mariah and Robert clicking in response.

They continue the reading, there's only a few minutes left. You watch them, a smile never leaving your face.

"It began with a scream over 911, and ended, in a blood bath. Just like the plot of some, scary movie," Lauren finished off the reading.

"The end!" Robert exclaimed, and everyone cheered, even you.

"That was a masterpiece," You laughed.

Lauren unclipped the clip holding her bangs up and ruffled her hair, before taking off the blazer.

"Scream has to be one of my favourite movies of all time," You said honestly.

"Seriously guys, it's an incredible movie, you have to watch it," Nick said.

"Wait who hasn't watched it?" You furrowed your brows, not sure who he was talking to.

"Oh yeah, Jaime what'd you think about that ending, you've never seen it," Robert asked her.

"I actually think I have seen this movie," Jaime chuckled.