|| Lauren Lopez x Reader ||

context: ur a single parent with a smol child. doesn't particularly have to be fem, i don't think i mention anything fem related!

"Are you serious?" You practically yelled into the phone.

"I'm really sorry, I know it's last minute, but I'll definitely make it up to you!" The voice on the other end exclaimed.

"I have to be at rehearsals in 30 minutes, and my only trustworthy babysitter can't make it?!" You were in disbelief.

"Y/N, please, this is so important to me. Is there really no one else you can call?"

"No, don't worry about it," You exhaled. "I'll think of something, I'm sorry for lashing out. Let me know how everything goes, see you, bye," You hung up.

You stared at the small, precious child that was cluelessly playing with your keychain.

"I guess you're coming to my first Black Friday rehearsal," You sighed. You walked over to them, picking them up. You walked out of the room grabbing your rehearsal equipment like your script and a water bottle. You got in the car, strapping the baby into the carseat.

You put your hands on your hips. "I can't believe I'm bringing a baby into rehearsals,". They cooed in response. "Good thing they love you,"

You drove to the rehearsal while on the phone with Jaime.

"You're not gonna believe this," You groaned to her through the bluetooth call.

"What? What's going on?" She replied.

"My babysitter can't make it,"

Jaime gasped. "Are you taking your baby into rehearsals?!" She squealed.

"Yup," You replied, looking at them through the rear view mirror.

"Oh everyone's gonna freak!" Jaime exclaimed. "In a good way!"

"You gotta help me out!" You said shakily.

"We will! Don't even worry about it!"

"You're the best, I'll see you soon," You said, before hanging up.

+++++++++++

You pushed open the door, with the stroller in your other hand. Your heart was pounding, hoping people like Nick weren't going to be mad at you for bringing your baby into rehearsals. Thankfully Jaime was the first person you saw.

"Oh my goodness! They've grown up!" Jaime squealed, smiling at the stroller.

[fuck it, we're giving this baby a name and gender. I was gonna avoid that but I think it's too difficult not to. Rose she/her]

"How long has it been?" You asked Jaime.

"Maybe a month? A lot happens in that time!" Jaime hugged you.

"Seriously, it's insane how much she's grown up," You nodded. "Do you think anyone's gonna be mad I brought her?"

"Hopefully not!! It's not your fault, we know it must be really hard for you," Jaime shook her head.

"I hope not too," You took a shaky breath.

"Come on, let's go in," Jaime motioned to the door.

You walked in with the stroller and immediately all eyes were on you.

"Listen- I can explain-"

"No way! You brought her?" Kim squealed.

"My babysitter quit, I'm so sorry this had to happen," You announced.