|| Lauren Lopez x Reader PT 1 ||

"Hey! Y/N!" You heard your name be called throughout the crowd. There was your best friend, Meredith, running up to you.

"Hey Mere," You said, smiling weakly. Parties weren't your thing. They made you anxious, and you were awful at making new friends, or talking to anyone you didn't know.

"Enjoying yourself?" She asked, giving you a quick hug around the shoulder.

"Somewhat. I'm trying," You shrugged.

"I'm grateful for that," She smiled appreciatively. "Anyway, this is Lauren. I met her back in college,"

"Yeah, I know Meredith, you talk about her all the time," You rolled your eyes.

"I do? Oh, well, just thought I'd introduce her to you," Meredith smiled, and you couldn't help but laugh at her dorkiness as she skipped away.

There was a short silence.

"That was a setup, in case you were wondering," Lauren broke the silence.

"Yeah, I figured," You looked up at her for the first time. She was actually taller than Meredith made her out to be. She couldn't be more than a few inches shorter than you.

"So uh- Y/N, right?" She asked, trying to talk over the crowd.

"Yeah. And you're the famous Lauren Lopez that Mere always talks about. Met in college, starred in some Starkid stuff together. I've seen you in the shows,"

"You have?" She blushed.

"Sure I have, anything to support Mere, really,"

"Do you wanna get out of here?" She looked around.

"That would be great, actually. Parties aren't exactly my thing,"

"They usually are, but I'm not feeling it today," She grabbed your hand, leading you outside.

The air was cold, but refreshing from the humid, stuffy air inside. It would have to be at least 10pm, but you were already exhausted.

"So how do you know Meredith?" Lauren asked you.

"She doesn't talk about me often?" You asked, though you weren't surprised.

"Oh no, she does. She doesn't say much about you, if that makes sense. Though your name comes up every 5 seconds,"

"We met back in middle school. Been friends since 7th grade. Then she went to Michigan and I didn't see her for a while, before she moved back here after she graduated." You explained, as you walked down the footpath. You weren't sure where you were going, but it was nice to have some fresh air.

"That's cool. You seem like a cool person," She smiled at you.

"Thanks," You kicked a rock as you walked. "You do too. You're really talented, by the way," You said awkwardly, but she didn't seem to mind.

"Thank you! That's really nice of you," She stuffed her hands in her pockets.

"Do you want to get some ice cream? I know a nice cafe down the road, that sells really good ice cream" You asked, blushing.

"Sure, I could go for some ice cream," She chuckled.

You walked to the cafe in a comfortable silence. You thought you both needed the peace and quiet of the streets, away from the chaotic party.

You quickly walked up to the counter and ordered the ice cream. You didn't have to wait long, until they were handed to you.

"Do you want to sit inside or outside?" You asked, cringing at yourself and the unnecessarily awkward question.

"Outside's fine," She said, looking inside. It didn't even seem like there were many seats left inside.

"So, what do you do?" Lauren asked, making small talk as you sat down.

"Not much at the moment. Trying to get my life together, mostly," You told her truthfully.

"Fair enough," She smiled at you.

"What do you do? Still doing Starkid shows?"

"Mostly, yeah. But I do some mentoring for kids that want to do theatre and stuff. It's pretty cool," She explained.

A gust of wind blew past making you shiver. You forgot to bring a jacket; you didn't realise you'd be leaving the party so early.

"Are you cold?" She asked you, already taking off her jacket.

"No! It's fine," You told her, shaking your head. "It's probably just the ice cream,"

"No, take it," She raise her eyebrows, forcing you to wear it. You sighed, giving in.

You put it over your shoulders. The warmth from her body instantly warmed your.

"You look good in it," She grinned at you.

"Thanks," You said softly, though you didn't believe her.

"Are you sure you're not cold?" You asked her.

"I'm fine, I promise," She told you. Her hair was in a curled half up, half down hairstyle. After taking the jacket off she wore a floral tank top and a black skirt (yes I stole her HOCO outfit, she looked gorgeous)

"So what's it like working with Starkid?" You asked, just trying to come up with a conversation topic.

"So so fun! It's always a blast," She grinned. It's precious, how fast she turned happy at the mention of her friends.

"That's sounds awesome,"

You talked a bit more, even after finishing your ice creams. You checked the time. 11:29pm.

"Wow, time flew by," You exhaled.

"It was worth it though," She looked up at you.

"Definitely," You agreed.

You walked back to the party together, laughing and joking about random things.

"We should probably part ways and get some rest," Lauren laughed softly.

"Yeah,"

"Call me?" She asked hopefully.

"Of course. Tonight was really fun," You nodded. She smiled with relief as she took out pen from her purse, writing her number down on your hand.

"Oh, I should probably give you back your jacket, huh," You laughed.

"You can keep it," She shrugged, blushing.

"Oh, gosh no, I couldn't. It's yours," You said taking it off.

"Seriously! It suits you better than it does me," She insisted.

"Really?"

"Definitely," She nodded.

"Thank you," You said gratefully.

"You better call me," She said as she began to walk off.

"I promise!" You called as you also started to walk to your car.

You smiled to yourself as you sat in the car. Why couldn't all parties be like that?

Please tell me how you're finding these!!