|| Robert Manion x Reader ||

+ some wholesome jeff content

"As if you could beat me," Robert scoffed.

"Oh no, not this again," Jon groaned.

"Oh you're on! I could totally kick your ass!" You exclaimed.

You, Robert, Jon and Jeff were taking a day just to go on a walk. You did this quite often, whenever you hung out as a group and wanted to get out. Robert and Jon lived together, so they took any opportunity to hang out with other people too. Their two other closest friends just happened to be you and Jeff.

"Fine, race me to that tree, that one right there," He pointed off into the distance.

"The one with the purple flowers?"

"Yeah, that one," He nodded.

"Jon count us down," You turned to him.

"Why don't you just, not race?" Jon rolled his eyes.

"Ugh, you're no fun, Jeff count us down," You grunted at Jon and turned to Jeff.

"Fine, fine. 3, 2, 1, go!" He counted you guys down. Once he got to go, both you and Robert took off trying to out run each other to the tree.

"They're dumbasses aren't they," Jon said bending down to pick up a flower off the ground before catching up to Jeff.

"If it makes them happy, then it works for me,"

"We're like their parents," Jon chuckled.

"They're definitely like children,"

"Hah, I knew you couldn't beat me," Robert stuck out his tongue. He touched the bark of the tree first, you following close after.

"I was close, okay?" You laughed. "I do have the potential to kick your ass,"

"Whatever makes you happy," He gave you a side hug.

"Where's Jon and Jeff?" You peered at the path you had just ran down.

"Taking their time, come on," He steered you towards continuation of the path and held your hand as you kept walking. To anyone that happened to be at the park, it would appear as if the two of you were on a date, swinging your arms and laughing with each other.

"Y/N, I have something to tell you," Robert bit his lip, a smile attempted to escape, but you couldn't see that.

"Good news or bad news?" You looked at him, worried.

"Uh, good news, yeah," He blushed.

"Tell me!" You exclaimed, stopping him.

"Jon already knows, he's the only one that does,"

"So you're telling me as well, right?" You cocked your head to the side.

"Yeah," He cleared his throat. "So I- I got a girlfriend," He said proudly.

Your heart dropped to your stomach for a second. That word almost gave you a heart attack, but you refused to show it.

"Bullshit," You said quietly, trying to sound yourself.

"Seriously! Honestly I didn't think it would happen either, but it did," He smiled, and continued swinging your arm and walking.

There was a long silence. You stared at the ground processing what you had heard. You had a mild to moderate crush on Robert, but didn't want anyone knowing. This news hurt. A lot.

++

Meanwhile Jon and Jeff were still walking together far behind you.

"Y/N's gonna freak," Jon said after a while.

"What why," Jeff said quickly.

"Don't tell Robert I'm telling you, and act surprised when he tells you, but he's got a girlfriend,"