|| Joey Richter x Reader ||

more random wholesome content bbyyyy

also some context you're darren criss' sister and you're married to joey

"So are you coming to the livestream?" Darren asked through the phone.

You sighed. "I don't know. Is he going?"

"Is who going?" He asked.

"Who do you think dipshit? Is Joey going?"

"I don't know, ask him yourself," He scoffed. "You're the one who lives with him,"

"He's out, so I thought I'd ask you?" You rolled your eyes at his stubbornness.

"Yes, he'll be there," Darren replied. "But you wouldn't go if Joey wasn't going? Not even for me?" You could practically hear his puppy eyes through the phone.

"Definitely not for you, but I'm not sure if I'd go if Joey wasn't there,"

"If I wasn't where?" You didn't even hear Joey come through the door.

"Ah, I'll leave you to it then, I'll see you there, Y/N," Darren said before hanging up.

"At the livestream," You closed your phone, turning to Joey.

"Are you coming?" He walked over to give you a small peck on the lips.

"Yeah, I guess so," You nodded. "I just don't want to be a burden. It's all about you guys, I'm not even technically apart of Starkid," You shrugged.

"Just because you're not an actor doesn't mean you're not apart of Starkid," Joey smiled. "You're always there and ready to help out if help is needed. People love you, Y/N, you're definitely not a burden,"

5 and a half years with Joey and you still blush whenever he compliments you. That's what you love about him. He'll always find a way to make you feel special.

"Okay, fine, I'll go," You chuckled. You patted a spot next to you on the couch, and he obliged, placing his keys on the counter, and snuggling up next to you.

You rested your head on his arm, that comfortably wrapped around your shoulders.

"How was your day?" You asked, looking up at him.

"Good, yeah, it was good," He grinned. "It's always best at home though,"

"It's because it's where the fridge is," You smiled.

"Not particularly what I had in mind, but yeah, that too," He smiled. "What have you been up to?"

"I was just on the phone with my brother," You shrugged.

"Oh Darren, how's he doing?" Joey asked.

"Yeah, good I guess,"

"Fair enough," Joey nodded. "You been okay?"

He always checked up on you, no matter the situation. No one had ever done that with you before- that also made you feel special.

"I'm doing great," You replied honestly.

Then you sat in each other's embrace in a comfortable silence.

++++++++++

"You ready to go?" Joey asked, pulling his shirt over his head.

"You're still getting dressed, and you're asking me if I'm ready?" You laughed. "Here, you should bring this," You passed him his famous blue headband.

"Oh heck yes! Where'd you even find this?" He smiled at you, pulling the headband over his head. 

"In a box somewhere," You laughed.