|| Reader & Friends PT 1 ||

Ok i had no idea what to name this because this isn't "x" anyone, just interactions with other starkids, but there will be an "x" reader in the second part that comes after this. I wasn't originally gonna split it into two, but once I started writing i didn't stop, so now we're here.

also different tense this time because i wrote it like this and wasn't bothered to edit it to make it match the rest of the chapters.

"Have you talked to him yet?" Lauren whispers in your ear as you wrap your arms around her neck.

"No," You sniff, pulling away. "I- I can't," Your voice breaks.

"Yes you can, Y/N. I believe in you," Lauren grabs both of your hands.

"I know I have to, I just can't bring myself to talk to him," You whimper.

"Do you want me to come with you?" She offers, looking at you sympathetically.

"No, no I have to do this myself," You shake your head, wiping your eyes.

"Hey, you still look gorgeous even after you've cried your eyeballs out," Lauren chuckles.

"Fuck off," You laugh, pushing her lightly on the shoulder.

"I'm going to miss you. So. Much," Lauren hugs you again, and you fight the urge to cry again.

"Me too. Keep me updated on everything," You tell her.

"I promise,"

Lauren closes the door, and I take a shaky breath as I walk back to your car.

Next stop, Rachael.

++++++++++++

You knock on the door, already bracing yourself for waterworks.

She opens the door slowly, until she spots you. She swings open the door and tackles you in a hug, immediately beginning to sob.

You bury your head in her neck, and cry with her.

"Don't leave me," She mutters.

"I wish I didn't have to,"

Rachaels sighs, peeling herself off you.

"Have you talked to him yet Y/N?"

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?" You groan burying your head in your hands.

"Sorry!" Rachael exclaims. "I assume you haven't?"

"No! I can't do it. It's probably best just to leave right? I have all of my stuff, I can just go-"

"No way! Y/N. You love him, he loves you. He's going to miss you so much. He's probably waiting for you right now. Plus he already knows you're leaving, why are you dreading it so much?" Rachael asks softly.

"Because I can't look at him knowing I won't be able to see him again," Your voice breaks, as you let a tear slide down your cheek.

"Y/N. I know it's hard. But you'll regret it if you don't,"

You nod in response.

"You're right. Thanks Rach," You sigh.

"I love you," Rachael hugs you again.

"I love you more, I'm gonna miss you," You smile.

"I'm gonna miss you more," Her eyes are watery.

"Don't cry," You pout.

"Too late," She laughs, wiping away a tear.

You both just stand there looking at each other.

"I literally can't go," You whisper. "I can't,"

"It's just as hard for the both of us. You're literally taking a piece of me with you,"

"I'll hold it near my heart,"

"That was cheesy,"

"That was the point,"

"Text me everyday," She says.

"I will. I have a list of everyone I'm going to text everyday. You, Lauren, Brian, Nick, Robert, Meredith. Everyone," You chuckle.

"You should go, you're going to miss your flight," Rachael suggests.

"My flight's in 5 hours,"

"Yes, but if you don't leave now you'll never leave,"

"Maybe that's my goal," You joke.

"Come on, I'm going to be your mother, you have to go now," She looks at you sternly. "Go talk to him,"

"I have to make a quick pit stop at Meredith and Brian's, but I will," You promise her.

"Good. I love you again," She says.

"I love you too," She responds and closes the door, before either of you can say anything else. You chew on your lip as you drive to Breredith's house.

++++++++++

You knock on the door just like you had done with everyone else you'd visited.

"Ah Y/N!" Brian welcomes you with a warm hug.

"Hey Bri," You respond.

"Y/N's here?!" Meredith gasps, charging down the stairs.

"I guess I am," You laugh.

She spots you and engulfs you in a hug.

"I didn't think you'd come!" Meredith exclaims.

"How could I not??" You answer, mildly offended. "I couldn't live with myself if I didn't say goodbye to you guys!" You smile.

"Which is why you're talking to him right?" Brian raises his eyebrows.

"Yes," You roll your eyes. Brian is like a big brother. To everyone. He just wants to make sure everything we do is for the best of us and people around us.

"We're gonna miss you, Y/N," Meredith pouts.

"I'm going to miss everyone too," You nod in agreement.

"I don't know what I'm going to do without you guys. You're basically my family," You frown.

"You're literally like a little sister to us, Y/N," Meredith gives you another hug, as you hold back tears.

"We wish you the best," Brian holds your hand.

"How long until your flight?" Meredith asks.

"Just around 4 hours," You tell her.

"You should get going soon huh," She says.

"Maybe. It shouldn't take too long to get to the airport, I should be fine,"

"Ok. Don't forget about us," Brian retorts.

"As if! How could I ever forget you guys. You've all changed my life!"

"In a good way right?" Meredith asks to confirm.

"In the worst way possible," You joke, rolling your eyes. "Of course in a good way! Anyway, I just dropped by to say goodbye to you guys,"

"I'm glad you came by," Brian nods gratefully.

"Me too," Meredith agrees.

You give them both another hug before getting back in the car, and driving back to your house.

feels :'(