|| Jon Matteson x Reader ||

"Ready, set, go!" You squealed, opening the car door. Jon followed, opening his own door but instead of chasing you up the driveway, went through the side gate. You always had stupid bets and competitions like this. Who could get to the kitchen first taking different entries, who could finish their lunch first, who could get through an entire season of Brooklyn 99 first. Always trying to beat the other. You usually won, though you thought that he sometimes let you win. Which you believed was unfair. If you were going to win, you had to win fairly. And you knew you were capable to winning fairly.

"I win. Again," You boasted, pretending there was a crowd that you had to thank. You bowed a few times, faking a few tears, as you accepted the victory.

"Okay, I get it," He jokingly rolled his eyes.

"You didn't let me win, did you?" You looked at him sternly.

"I wish I could say I did," He sighed.

"Yes!" You celebrated, before collapsing on the couch. You positioned yourself so that you were upside down on the couch. Your head was dangling off the edge, and your legs were dangling off the top of the couch.

"That looks comfortable," He quirked an eyebrow at you.

"So do those jeans," You snorted. Her always tended to wear jeans that were slightly too tight for him, and you always made fun of him for it. It wasn't even a major thing to tease him about, but you took any opportunity to joke with him that you could get.

"Fuck you," He groaned.

"Maybe another time," You teased, winking at him, even upside down.

He sat down next to you, resting his feet on the coffee table in front of him.

"You know, Robert actually liked these jeans. He said that they really complimented my tightass personality," Jon grinned. You paused for a moment before bursting into laughter. The joke wasn't even that funny; they never usually were, but for some reason, it made you laugh so hard you found yourself crying.

"He's not wrong," You replied when you finally calmed down. "That was an awful joke,"

"Well, you laughed," He shrugged.

"It was a pity laugh," You protested, sitting up right.

"That was some pity laugh," he laughed. "So pitiful it got you crying," You laughed at this too. Maybe now that you had laughed at one shitty joke, every joke that followed became funny to you.

"I'm just a comedian," Jon shrugged.

"In your dreams," You rolled your eyes, leaning your head on his shoulder.

"You would support me right?" He asked you.

"Since no one else would, sure," You responded sarcastically.

"Maybe try to have a little faith," He pouted.

"Faith won't get you anywhere when you don't have talent," You laughed.

"Hey! That was harsh!" He gasped.

"Replace the word harsh with true, then yeah,"

This was basically an every day occurrence. Most couples would do cute things like go picnicking at a park and constantly flirt and tell each other how pretty their eyes were in the sun, or how sweet they were to take them out. But you and Jon had other ideas of ideal, and that was staying indoors making fun of each other.

It was like a friendship, only, closer.

"What do you think would happen if we did go out on a date?" Jon asked one day.

"Would it have to be romantic?" You scrunched up your face.

"Not if you didn't want it to be. What's your idea of a date, that isn't romantic?"

"Oooh! I know! The arcade," You nodded.

"That's a brilliant idea," His eyes lit up. Since you were at a shopping centre when you had this conversation, the both of you knew a good arcade nearby. You sprinted in that direction, naturally making a race out of it.

"Hey! You got a head start!" You yelled at him.

"Not my fault!" He yelled back.

Out of breath, you reached the arcade. It was lit up with so many bright colours, it was almost blinding, but in a good way. You quickly transferred some money in your card to coins and wandered around looking for a game to play. You spotted the signature arcade dancing game, and looked at Jon pleadingly.

"No," He said sternly.

"Please?" You gave him puppy dog eyes. Sometimes this worked on him, other times this didn't.

"No," He repeated.

"Winner gets ice-cream paid by the other person," You cocked your head to the side, hoping he'd take the deal.

"Add in cookies and you have a deal," He said after a pause.

"Yes!" You smiled when he agreed. You put in a few coins and the game started. You smiled at the big screen. You picked the easy level and you began playing.

Naturally, since you were the better dancer, you won. He was smiling at the end of the game though, which was a good sign. Sometimes he was a sore loser with bets.

"Aha! Free ice cream and cookies for me!" You celebrated, by dancing around the arcade.

"Oh my god! Jon! You have to win me a giant pig!" You squealed, staring at the stuffed pig that was on the top shelf.

"If I get you the pig, is the ice cream deal off?"

"Sure. But if I don't get a pig, then I get an additional $20," You crossed your arms.

"$20?!" His eyes widened.

"Fine, $10," You smirked.

"Fine, fine. But I'm getting you that pig," He nodded assertively, now on a mission to find the games that distributed the most tickets.

Let's just say, 3 hours and 38 minutes later, you contently left the arcade with a giant pig in your arms.

this is a bit short, but i got this request from pottertrash91 so i hope it was okay!