|| James Tolbert x Reader ||

You walked into the studio, knowing that today was going to be hell. Dance rehearsal. All non-dancers' nightmare.

"Hey Y/N," You heard a voice call your name. You whipped up your head to see James waving at you, and grinning wide like a child.

"Hey James," You chuckled.

"You ready for today?" He skipped towards you wrapped an arm around your shoulders.

"Don't push my buttons, you know I don't like dance rehearsals," You blushed.

You hated to admit it, but you had a big crush on James. You had seen him as a big brother and best friend for years, but after spending an entire year living with him, last year, your feelings developed into something more; something that James wasn't aware of. And you were planning on keeping it that way.

"Just joking around!" He put his arms up in defence.

"Hey James, can you come here real quick?" Nick called to him.

"I'll see you later, kay?" He pointed at you, while running off, not letting you reply.

"Hey Y/N," Robert came up to you as you put your things away.

"Yo," You replied.

"You tell him yet?" He asked.

"Will you fuck off?" You chuckled. "You ask me that every day,"

"And every day you answer with "no". I'm waiting for that to turn to "yes"," He rolled his eyes.

"Well you'll be waiting a long fucking time, because it's not happening," You scoffed. Robert was the only person that knew about your hardcore crush on your friend. You were desperate to keep it that way, but now that Robert was living with Jon and Nick, you were afraid that secret would escape.

"Why not?" He whined.

"Do you really need me to explain that to you?" You whisper screamed at him. "You haven't told anyone have you?"

"No, I haven't told anyone. Do you really not trust me?" He pouted. You didn't answer. "Rude,"

"I'm just really paranoid!"

"Really, what's the worst that could happen?"

"I don't even want to talk to you," You laughed, putting a hand up as if to block him from talking. "That's such a stupid question,"

"Whatever, Y/N. Just sit in your own misery, regrets and "what if?"s," He said sarcastically.

"I intend to do just that, thank you," You smiled, exchanging that sarcastic tone.

"Alright guys! We're gonna get started!" James clapped, getting everyone's attention. You internally groaned. It was bad enough that you sucked at dance, but it was being taught by James too.

"Cool stuff," He smiled once everyone's eyes were on him. "Okay, I think we're gonna get started with 'What Do You Say', I think that's a good starting point," He smiled, and looked at you briefly, giving you a sweet smile. Your stomach flipped as you smiled back. "So can everyone from that number please follow me into that room over there," He pointed to a door on the other side of the room.

A bunch of you stood up and made your way into the other room.

"Alright! Let's get this line set up then. The order has to be specific to what Nick has written down, so we can work off of that. Let's get, in this order, Jaime, Lauren, then me, Y/N, Dylan, Curt, Joey, Jeff and then Jon. Robert'll come in later since he has a quick change between Ethan and this character," James explained, as everyone got into their spots.

"Awesome! There's not much choreography for the first part, you guys just kinda sing the song and say your lines. When we get the chorus that's when we start the choreography,"