Season 9/10

NEW CHAPTER COMING, it will be a big and important one. I'm just not quite happy with it, but it is mostly written.

If you don't want potential spoilers for this fic don't read this page. I haven't written this yet or decided on it. These are just ideas.

So I had an idea. As I've said I want there to be a lot of Kat and Negan stuff. I fucking love Negan. Like good god, holy damn. I thought Daryl would be my favourite in the show forever and he still is but I didn't think someone would come in at such a very close second. So. There will be plenty of Negan. And now that I've seen how the time jump works I really want him to like her at that point. Like genuinely care and she doesn't really know what to make of it. Like she knows but she doesn't know how to handle it because it's Negan you know? Her and Daryl will go through a hell of a rough patch after Rick and she visits Negan in prison all the time. This is out of a promise or something made to Maggie that she would make sure Negan remained where he was without making her sister have to go through the experience of seeing him herself all the time. So after he's been in prison for 8 years they have actually come to know each other quite well and she struggles to hate him as much as she used to because she's realised that she knows him better and for much longer than she ever did Glenn. She kinda of started to realise just how mentally unstable he was when he was their enemy and her visits would help him regain his sanity?

I was thinking that maybe she is the one to set him free and everything he does with the whisperers is actually under her orders (provided he does actually kill/ help with the fall of alpha in the future). Like his little speech to alpha when he kneeled was actually a promise he made Kat and she tells him to say that to alpha to gain her trust.

But I was also thinking that maybe she made him a promise a little while before. He likes to tease her that she secretly likes him and once when he does it a few years or months before the whispers come along she makes a promise to him that if he ever gets out or is free she will kill him. Not because she wants to but because Maggie would want it. And I had this rather sad image of them kissing after he gets out or is freed by the people of Alexandria and she stabs him in the heart and kind of guides him to the ground, crying and he kind of smiles and nods and says something like "I suppose there are worse ways to go" or something and he'd wipe away one of her tears before dying and then she really starts to cry because she did actually love him but it's a sign of just how broken this world has made her. Dramatic scene idea I had and it all depends on where the show goes. Like maybe she does love him despite the fact that she doesn't want to admit it and he cares about her but he knows he'll never fit in at Alexandria so he genuinely sides with alpha and she has to kill him and that's how that scene would play out. I don't know. May never happen just wanted to see what ya'll thought.

I want there to be conflict between her and Maggie a little. Like maybe Maggie uses Kats protectiveness almost as a weapon after Glenn's death. Like she's angry and doesn't really see what she's doing but Kat is in on her plan to kill Negan and she does a lot of bad shit because Maggie asked and then a couple years later she starts to notice what exactly she did to her sister. Like Kat wants to go out and hunt walkers and can't sit still, the quiet puts her on edge and she just can't settle when things are going well. And she had this kind of disturbing thrill from Gregory's execution that maybe makes Maggie realise just how much like their messed up world she has become. Like maybe Kat has the potential to be a villain but she's always fighting that. Ultimately Maggie can't fix what she did and that's why kat stays behind when she leaves for the commonwealth. Whether I turn Jesus bi or not (as discussed in an earlier note under the heading of "Jesus, Saviours, Negan and More") him and Kat will be close regardless and he tried to help her through it a lot.
Negan would come back into as someone who doesn't want to change her from what she's become not because he's evil or the bad guy but because he believes she's fine. He believed she's capable of a lot but she's not bad, she just goes to extremes to protect those she loves and those extremes will become more and more I guess.

I had this other idea which again will be dependent on the show and such but basically I really despise Carol right now and I want her to die. So in my mind, rewatching the last episodes before the new season, I went off in a little "hmm how can I get revenge on Carol in my book" tangent in my head, as I do and had this idea that maybe Luke (the kid Kat is looking after provided he is still around at this point) is captured by alpha. Maybe the group captured beta and Carol wants to kill him but Kat is determined for a trade and she pulls a gun on Carol and it's all emotion and teary and she's begging Carol not to do it. That if carol tried to kill beta she will have no choice but to shoot to save Luke. And her hands shaking with the gun raised and Daryl tries to defuse the situation recognising that Kat might actually do it but carol doesn't believe her and she goes to kill beta and then Kat shoots her. Daryl would run to Carol while Kat begins to break down over having killed her friend. If Negan was there he'd go to Kat to comfort her and because of her current mental state she wouldn't think twice about it and she wouldn't shove him away and seeing this would give Daryl and a few others concerns that maybe Maggie was right even though she did it for Luke.
I don't know. The Negan thing and The Carol thing might be too far? I don't know if I'm going to write it, I just want thoughts I guess Cause I had the idea and who else better to ask?
Her and Carol are going to be having issues regardless. Like she's going to warn Daryl that Carol shouldn't be out there and can't be trusted to play things smart.

Anyway. Opinions please and I promise to try and finish off that chapter tonight and if not tomorrow. It's really hard to write for seasons that aren't Negan related right now you know?