Chapter 77 - Too Many

I added in a bit with the Deanna interview. Sorry, but if you care to read it it's at the end of the last chapter. Hardly mandatory though.

"You all have your assignments." Rick's voice came through the sound of the walkie talkie strapped to Glenn's side. "You know where to rendezvous. Daryl leads them out, Sasha and Abraham join them at the bottom of the hill. Glenn and Kat; you hit us when you take care of the walkers at the tractor place. That's the one thing we gotta get ahead of. Everyone keep your head. Just keep up." Rick encouraged.

"Come on, keep up!" Kat yelled to the others as her and Glenn were powering ahead. "They left from the wrong exit, they'll make it here faster than you think!"

"Glenn." Rick said through the speaker. "You have to hurry, the noise could distract the herd right off the road. Talk to me."

"We're here." Glenn responded as they came up on the building as he ran past a walker trapped under the tyre of a tractor, stabbing it in the head as he ran by.

"Sounds like a lot." Heath said, listening to the walkers inside the building.

"We need them quiet." Glenn said back.

"So, what's the plan?"

"We take them out a few at a time." Glenn answered.

"Come on, the doors around this way." Kat ushered them around the corner.

"Nicholas, get the door." Glenn nodded. "You let one or two out and you close it. You keep doing that. That's the trick, that's how we control it.

"Wait, what if he can't close it?" Heath asked.

"We take them on." Glenn stated.

"We take them on?" Heath asked uncertainly.

"We can handle a dozen." Kat said confidently. "We have guns." She'd handle more than that on her own, but she wasn't about to brag about it. Nor was she about to freak him out by saying she thought there was more in there than just a dozen.

"If we get into trouble we go behind the building, into the woods and we draw them away." Glenn said.

"They've been on runs since they got here." Nicholas spoke, surprising the both of them as he spoke to Heath. "They know what they're doing... Me and Aiden... we didn't."

"Look... Daryl's leading them this way and they're closing in." Kat said. "I'm meant to be with him, watching his back, but I'm not. I'm here dealing with this because if we don't do this it could mean trouble for everyone."

"That noise is going to pull that herd right off the road and then we have serious trouble." Glenn added.

"Okay." Heath nodded.

"On three." Glenn said as Nicholas got ready to open the door. They were using guns so Kat stood back, readying hers. She'd rather have dealt with it more quietly, but they weren't confident enough and she wasn't confident in throwing them into something. "One, two... three."

Nicholas ripped open the door, but nothing happened. Behind it was a tin barricade. A roll down security door that was locked from the inside.

"Fuck." Kat muttered.

Glenn looked over to her. "You swear more than you used to." He said.

"Really? Now's the time to berate me?"

"Come on." He nudged her, pulling the group around the other side to the glass windows. "We can shoot the glass." Glenn said. 

"This is a bad idea." Heath stated. He was hard enough to convince when they could argue they'd have control over it.