Chapter 80 - An Eye for an...?

Daryl, Abe and Sasha had been on their way back to Alexandria when they'd been stopped by a bonnified biker gang. They had run into trouble after trouble. They'd just finished dumping the herd off 20 miles down the road when a group of people had opened fire on them. Daryl had swerved his bike off the road, scraping all up his left arm while Abe and Sasha had been forced in another direction. They'd spent the night apart. Sasha and Abe were stashed away waiting for Daryl to find them, knowing he'd be out there looking and the best thing to do was stay put. Abe had stumbled across a group of walkers that were once military. They had scored guns and better... an RPG with ammunition. Abe had also snagged himself a well fit uniform formal military uniform he chose to put on for old times sake.

Daryl on the other hand had run into a group of three people on the run presumably from those that had fired on them. A man named Dwight, his wife Sherry and her young sister, Tina. Tina was bitten in a surprise walker attack and Dwight and Sherry had turned on Daryl. They took his bike and his bow... but he found a fuel truck. Drove it right to where Sasha and Abe were hauled up and they were on their way back by midday... a day late, but heading home.

They were not even half way when they stumbled across the gang.

The group of men were parked right in the middle of the road, leaning up against their bikes like they owned the very ground they walked. They had been expecting them by the looks. Watching. They were likely out hunting the people Daryl had run into, but they had seen the truck they drove and thought they couldn't let the opportunity go.

"Won't you come on out? Join us in the road." The leader of the group called before Daryl, Abe and Sasha slowly exited the truck to face this other group head on. "Oh, that's great. Going well right out the gate." The man grinned. "Now, step two... Hand over your weapons." He demanded.

"Why should we?" Daryl spat back.

"Well they're not yours." The man simply shrugged. His goonies behind him were all holding rifles and automatics, all aimed right at the three before them.

"Who's are they?" Sasha dared to ask.

"Your property now belongs to Negan." The man responded. "If you can get your hands on a tanker you're people our person wants to know! So let's get those side arms shall we." He was saying, walking up to Daryl first and waving at him to hand them over. "Right now." Daryl pulled out his pistol that was tucked into his belt and passed it over, knowing not to do so would only get himself shot.

"Thank you." The man smiled. Before stepping over to Sasha. She followed suit. "Thank you." He whispered and then to Abe. Abe only stared him down. Stubborn as always. The man leaned in a little closer, despite the fact that Abe was towering over him and giving him his best intimidating look, but the man seemed just as cocky as before and now only stirred on by the defiance. "If you have to eat shit... Best not to nibble. Bite, chew, swallow, repeat. Goes quicker." He advised before Abe reluctantly handed over his gun. "Thank you." The man mouthed.

"Who are you people?" Sasha asked as he turned to walk back over to his bike, picking one of the guns next to his own and tucking the other two away in a bag.

"I get the curiosity, but we have questions ourselves and we'll be the ones asking them while we drive you back to wherever it is you call home. Take a gander at where you hang your hats." He informed. "First though... your shit. What have you got for us?" He wondered.

"Yeah, you just took it." Daryl snapped.

"Come on... I mean, can we not?" He asked. "Okay? There's more. There's always more." He sighed. "Tee... Take my man to the back of the truck." He nodded at Daryl as his friend, Tee, stepped forward to lead him a round the back. "Start inside the rear bumper, work your way to the front." Tee took Daryl around the back, leaving Sasha and Abe out the front, Abe looking as pissed as ever. "Bite, chew, swallow, repeat." The man said again.