Chapter 36 - Retaliation

I know it may seem like I'm making a bigger deal out of Kat's injury than is needed because it's nothing compared to what happened to Glenn and nothing like what happened to Maggie, but it is an important injury, one that I probably won't explain until I'm writing about season 6... Ages away I know, and some of you may guess why it's important from this note, but it works out well this way. I've already written the conversation that she'll have with Maggie in Alexandria.

"Don't even think about it." My dad warned me.

"What?" I asked as I sat on the edge of my bed.

"Lye back down, get some rest."

"Dad, really, I'm..."

"Katherine." He warned as I sighed, shuffling back and lying down on my bed as Carol smiled at the interaction, standing off to the side and folding some clothes before Dad moved and went back downstairs to check on Glenn and Maggie.

Beth soon came up the stairs, holding Judith.

"You've got a knack for that." Carol said to her as Beth soothed the baby and Carol moved on to another task, cleaning up the box Judith had been using as a crib, the words 'lil ass-kicker,' written on the side.

"Just trying to do my part."

"Sophia used to wake the neighbours. 3:00 AM; like clockwork. Ed stayed at a friend's most nights till she calmed down."

"I always wanted a child." Beth stated, as I continued to lay on my back, looking up at the mattress above me, listening to the conversation. "She wouldn't have made it if Daryl hadn't been here. He couldn't stand to lose anyone else."

"Sounds like him."

"I don't understand why he had to leave. Merle sounds like a jerk."

"Men like Merle get into your head. Make you feel like you deserve the abuse."

"Even for Daryl?"

Carol didn't respond to that directly, only sighed, "I'm hardly the woman I was a year ago, but if Ed walked through that door right now breathing and told me to go with him, I'd like to think I'd tell him to go to hell."

"You would." Beth reassured.

"It doesn't matter." Carol muttered, moving over to grab a blanket for the box.

"We're weak without him."

"We'll get through this two. Tyreese and his friends seem capable." Carol informed.

"I'm pissed at him for leaving."

"Don't be. Daryl has his code. This world needs men like that." She finished before turning to take Judith from Beth, placing the baby in crib with a smile. "There. You cosy in there?" She asked the child as Beth turned to my cell, walking over and stopping in the doorway.

"Hey." I smiled at her as she stepped forward and took a seat on the edge of the bed.

"You feeling okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, just following my orders from dad." I smiled.

"Maggie seems to think that there's something more than that split lip."

"I'd know if it was something bad, Beth, and it's not. I promise."

"I'd still like to know." She insisted. "You don't always have be guarded you know, I can handle it." I sighed and lifted my shirt a little to show her the still forming black bruise on my abdomen. "Has dad seen it?" She asked.

The Fear (The Walking Dead / Daryl Dixon)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें