Chapter 57 - Train Tracks

We're up to Eugene stuff and I'm just going to apologise now for any lines of his I may write now or in the future... I will not be getting his character right. I wouldn't even know how to start trying. I'll do my best but yeah. Soz. Not smart enough for that shit.

Third Person - Glenn

SANCTUARY FOR ALL. COMMUNITY FOR ALL. THOSE WHO ARRUVE SURVIVE. TERMINUS.

Glenn's finger tips ran along the map marked with the black star, a little flicker of hope finally rising in him. They had found their way to a set of train tracks and began to follow it until they came across this sign.

"Someone sure as hell's been busy around here." Abe said, pulling Glenn's attention back to his travelling companions.

"It was Kat." Glenn said right away.

"Your sister-in-law?" Tara asked. "The one I saw at the prison?"

He nodded. "Ain't no way one gal took out these 40 plus dead alone." Abe argued.

Glenn smiled. "Yeah, well... you might disagree when you meet her."

"What makes you so sure it was her?" Rosita asked.

"I'm not but... the cuts... the way they've been killed. It was a blade. A big one. Michonne has a sword, but the way she kills them is... cleaner. Kat has a machete, leaves a bigger mess whether by design or just method I couldn't really tell you. She can be kinda scary when she wants and... sort of enjoys coming across that way." He said in though. It was something the whole group had come to love in her, appreciated, but considering they all knew she wasn't a threat to them the trait was more or less endearing to them.

Abe chuckled. "Sounds like someone I could have a beer with."

"Plus..." Glenn continued, "I've seen her kill them before. She's used to fighting with Daryl. She'll take out a few and then step back for him and then she'll go forward again to cover him while he reloads. Usually waiting for the ones behind to come to them so most of the bodies end up pretty much on top of each other. Like here." He motioned to where a lot fo the walkers lay dead piled up on one another, them all being the ones with machete wounds and not bullet holes. "She likes to use the bodies to slow down the ones still coming as well."

The others looked over the scene more carefully and the more they looked the more they realised he was right. The bodies were grouped together tightly, falling all over each other in a way that could very well be helpful in creating a small barricade for the next wave of walkers if needed. And from the way they had fallen it looked like they had all been after the same target, all heading for the same spot, minus a few over by the sign that had been shot and another one or two outliers with more bullet holes. 

"If she killed that many by herself then she couldn't have been with many people. If any at all. She would have had an automatic on her from the prison that's how these others died." He gestured to the remaining walkers riddled with bullet holes.

"Why not use the rifle for all of them?" Tara wondered.

"Could have run out of ammo." Glenn shrugged. "But if I had to guess I'd say she shot them until they were down to a number she knew she could handle to save bullets. She does it out on runs all the time."

"You're making an awful lot of assumptions over a pile of cold ones." Abe nodded to the dead.

"I've been with these people since the beginning. They're more than my friends, they're my family... and I know them. I've moved with them out on the road for months before we found the prison and hundreds of runs beyond the fences. I know how they think, how they react, their tactics."