Chapter 15 - Broken

"So... I spoke to Maggie." Beth stated as we sat on her bed, cross-legged, eating our breakfast. She was doing much better and preferred to ignore the whole situation all together, which everyone seemed okay with, so long as she had, as Andrea would put it, "gotten it out of her system."

"And...?" I asked, wondering what she was getting at.

"I heard that you didn't sleep at the house the other night." She explained with a slight smirk.

I placed my fork down on my plate before making eye contact. "Does everyone know?" I questioned.

Beth shrugged as she took another bite of her scrambled eggs. "Just me and Maggie that I know of."

"Patricia knows as well, or has suspicions." I muttered. "Please, just don't tell dad. We don't need him shooting anyone."

"He didn't shoot Glenn or Jimmy." Beth stated.

"Yes, but Jimmy is a teenager and Glenn is... kind of like a kitten. And three for three might be the last straw... also it was just one night. Nothing to get hyped up about."

"Shawn would have kicked his ass regardless." Beth stated causing me to smile a little. "Remember when he gave Jimmy the big brother speech?"

I chuckled at the thought, "Hey, I have something for you." I stated, lifting my hands up and taking the chain off from around my neck. "I want you to have it."

"I gave it to him." Beth said in a small voice.

"I know... and he never took it off, said it was good luck. Which is why he would have wanted you to have it. We can all take turns if you want, but here." I handed over the chain. Beth hesitated for a moment before taking it and turning it around in her hand for a bit as a tear fell down her cheek that she quickly wiped away.

Jimmy then came into the room and I stood up. "I'll take the plates down to the kitchen, you want anything else?" Beth shook her head as I picked up the now empty plates, placing a kiss on the top of her head before taking my leave.

Patricia and Maggie were talking in the kitchen, but I saw no sign of my dad. Not that that was surprising. He always went around and checked on everything in the morning, not always because he had to, but to clear his head and get some fresh air.

"I'm going to go out and see what Rick's plan is for Randall." Maggie explained for me as I placed the plates in the sink.

I nodded in agreement, "Alright, I'll come. Trish?"

Patricia shook her head a little, "I'd rather not know." She stated, knowing the likely outcome. I nodded, understanding why she wanted to stay out of the whole situation before leaving the house with Maggie and heading over to where Rick's group were gathering.

"Daryl's talking to him now." Rick was explaining, them already apparently discussing the topic.

Maggie instantly went over and stood beside Glenn while I remained on the other side of the campfire, somewhat glad that Andrea had decided to take a step further away once I had arrived.

"What are you going to do?" I asked.

"We'd all feel better if we knew the plan." Lori agreed, standing from where she had been boiling water.

"We gonna keep him here?" Glenn asked.

"We'll know soon enough." Rick stated as he nodded to behind where I stood and we all turned to see Daryl walking over to us with bloody knuckles and his crossbow slung over his shoulder.