Chapter 57 - Aro I'm declining your offer

Looking around the walls are solid, outside the door are two newborns posted as guards, shouting out, "Where am I? What's the date?"

One of my guards answer, "Somewhere in Austria, today is the 14th February, 9pm."

I cannot believe I'm here, I intend to get out, "Could do with food."

Vladimir drags in a freshly dead body, "Here, eat." He points.

I lurch and wrinkle up my nose, "No, get it out of here."

He flings the body out, "You will do as you are told." His connects with my jaw.

"I would rather you kill me now and have it done with." I spit in his face.

Vladimir pins me against the cold wall and begins slapping me as hard as he can.

"When you have finished." I snarl at him.

"Give me control over element or I kill you now." He keeps me against the wall.

"That will never happen, it is only partially activated, fine you kill me, the element goes with me." Grinning wickedly.

"I will torture more tomorrow." Shoving me against the wall he leaves with fury in his cold dead veins.

I think of my family back home.

Going into my bag, I grab a book and begin reading, it should pass sometime, I know my mobile is in there but I will not alert my family, not until I am free. Somewhere in the distance an owl hoots, that means I am in the countryside.

My mind is ticking away like a time bomb, carefully calculating when I should make my move and flee. I have to protect my family at all costs, the time for being afraid is over, war is coming.

The 15th of February passes with the usual amount of interrogation, resistance, brutality and flare.

"The element will be mine. I want Aro gone." He snarls, looking at me. He looks thirsty.

"I am still dead remember, no blood echoes through these veins." I feel like I could curl up and sleep, the hunger and exhaustion is fast bearing down on me.

"I will have you," he pins me against the wall and takes in my scent. "You smell so good."

I cannot panic, this is not the time to falter, "You will not, I have never been yours, despite the evil brand you marked me with as I was turning."

He whispers harshly in my ear, "You will always be mine, you are my property to do as I please."

"I am free, despite the brand I choose to do as I want," shouting, "I am not a slave, I would rather die for what is right than to live as your slave."

The 16th, early evening, Vladimir is discussing with the newborns about the fact he needs to hunt and they have to guard me with their life.