Chapter 13 - It's life. Just take the hand you're dealt.

The next morning I sat at the kitchen table, my book propped open. I leaned over a bowl of cereal, and quietly read. Soft warm lips brushed against my neck, below my ear. I smiled and took in his scent, "How about we practice on that making a baby idea."

I chuckled, "My brother, and sister in-law are upstairs. Awkward."

Hunter smirked, "It's ok. They know where babies come from now."

I shook my head, "No. Now behave. We have company."

He kissed my cheek, and left me to my breakfast, and my book. I continued to read, because I had to keep up a facade that I wasn't affected by this. I was happy to be an aunt; but deep down it was something I longed for.

A sleepy looking Chloe came down wearing a pair of my shorts, and a tank top. "Hi Leah."

I smiled, "Sleep well Hun?"

She nodded rubbing her eyes. "I will change out of this," I shook my head, "In my closet I have extra clothes. Find something you like, and wear it ok. Leave your clothes and I can wash them for you if you want."

She smiled, "Really?"

I smiled, "I'm about to run a load right now. Just have Seth bring them down." She hugged me, "Thank you again." She went back upstairs quietly. I finished my cereal, and put my bowl in the sink. I grabbed a cup of coffee, and went back to reading.

Seth walked through, and set the clothes in front of the washer, "Can we talk?"

I set my coffee mug down, and looked at him, "Everything ok?"

He nodded, "Yeah. Listen would you be upset, well if we took over the old place in La Push. It's perfect for us, as a family."

I smiled, "It needs a family to live in it. I don't have one, so by all means."

Seth smiled, "Thank you sis. It mean's a lot to me." He hugged me, and went upstairs.

I did some chores around the house, and was sitting out back when the phone rang. "Hello?" I answered after the second ring.

"Hi Leah it's Esme." Concern was filling her voice.

"Hi everything ok?"My heart stopped.

She spoke softly, "Your mom called us, and," Right there my whole body froze, I was terrified of what news was going to come.

"And what?" I questioned.

She spoke calmly, "Your grandfather had a massive heart attack. Your mom is ok. She's sad, and was busy checking on your grandmother. She asked me to call you."

I licked my lips, trying to revive some moisture to them. My mouth felt like sandpaper. "Ok. I will tell Seth. Thanks." I just hung up. I didn't know what to do.

"Hey sis clothes done?" Seth stood there smiling, then it faded when he saw my face. "Leah what's wrong?"

I shook my head, "Grandpa had a massive heart attack. Esme just called to tell me. Mom is checking on grandma."

Seth nodded, "Ok. I will let Chloe know. Is Grandma ok?"

I shrugged, "I assume so."

Seth smiled, "It's sad, but honestly he was really old, and not in the greatest health." I nodded, and Seth hugged me.

The house was quiet, since Seth and Chloe decided to head back home. Hunter sat in his office at his desk, grading papers. I walked in quietly. "Hey," He gave a soft smile, and pushed back from the table, pulling me onto his lap. I laid my head against his chest, "I think my grandmother is going to go soon."