Chapter 40 - It's time

I've made it to thirty seven weeks. I'm now wearing two scars on my body. Proof that I'm stronger than anyone would have ever known. Bed rest have been the orders the past couple of weeks. Making sure the venom hadn't done any damage.

"I hate that vampire." I growled.

Hunter rubbed my scar carefully. "Battle wounds." He kissed my hand gently. I nodded. "Why don't you take a hot shower, get ready for bed?" He smiled helping me up.

"Alright." I made my way upstairs.

I was in the shower. Getting ready for our last weekend in Forks before Sebastien arrived. I decided to take my shower the night before. I was leaning against the wall, "HUNTER!" My water broke, and was scared.

He came flying in, "What happened?"

"My water broke." I swallowed down the panic rising.

He quickly pulled out his phone, dialing Ara.

Hunter spoke calmly, "Her water broke. She's finishing up in the shower, and wants to lay down."

"Keep her calm, ring Lucas I'll ring Carlisle and I'll be there in ten minutes, hope Charlie doesn't mind me speeding." Ara chuckled standing up. She grabbed her keys, "Hun Leah's water broke, take either of the bikes, I need to ring Carlisle." Fred smiled and she headed out the door with the phone to her ear.

Carlisle answered, "Hi Hun. I'm just leaving work. Everything ok?" Esme smiled walking with him. Hunter called Lucas, and he was enroute.

"Hey grandad, Leah's waters have broken," Ara spoke revving up the engine, "I'm heading there now, Hunter will let Lucas know." Putting her foot to the floor she accelerated down the driveway.

Carlisle smiled, "We're here now in Port Angeles. We'll meet you at the house?"

Weaving in and out of traffic, "Oh yeah, wouldn't miss this for the world, see you there. Love you." Ara hung up, and was on her way,

Carlisle smiled, "Love you too." They headed towards my house. Hunter stayed with me. I decided to lay down in bed, after putting down a towel. "I'm not doing this at home." Hunter nodded, acknowledging me. He wasn't going to argue with me on this.

Ara was seconds away from the venue. She'd packed things just in case, screeching to a halt Ara had arrived. I could hear her running in and upstairs. She was in time to hear me. "You might have to, its gonna be painful but he should be here within a few hours." Ara smiled at Carlisle, "Hi." she walked over and hugged Esme.

Carlisle smiled, "Hi sweetheart." Esme smiled hugging Ara back.

I snapped, "My water just broke. That's it. Contractions aren't continuous."

"Would a water birth be any good?" Ara enquired. Shrugging off my temper.

I snapped again, "I'm not some fish. I'm a woman."

Esme smiled.

Carlisle snickered, "Sweetheart, sometimes it's easier on your body."

Hunter held my hand. "I'm going to the hospital once they're closer. I'm having an epidural." I spoke through gritted teeth.

Ara was able ignore my temper, "Okay then, Carlisle can you take Leah and Hunter? Esme can come with me?" She pulled out her key.

Esme smiled stepping out of the room, and shut the door, "What's going on?"

"I'm a demon driver, they'd be lucky to be in one piece if I drive them, on the way here I was pushing 135mph," snickering, "sorry, if Leah wants a hospital delivery then we may as well give it her, she's scared that's for sure."