Chapter 16 - Surprises aren't always a happy moment

Travis pulled up to his mothers house, and shut the car off. He climbed out, and shut the door behind him. Quietly he jogged up the porch stairs, and the horn honked; as he locked it remotely. 

"Mom?" He called out walking inside. 

"Kitchen." 

He walked in, and she was sitting there with photo albums, and several binders.
"What's all this?" He motioned with his hand. 

"Sit down, and I will explain." 

He pulled out the chair beside his the one his mother occupied, and glanced over everything. "Alright let's talk now. You need to know your history." 

Travis looked at the photos, "Who's that mom?" 

She smiled, "Your father when he was much younger." 

Travis studied it carefully. "So who's, who?"

 His mom took it, and carefully started naming off people. Travis spotted my mom, "That's Sue right there."

 She nodded, "Sue is your father's cousin."

 Travis nodded, and looked at the family tree. "Whoa Leah, and Sam are distant cousins?"

 His mom nodded, "Yeah hun why?" 

Travis ran a hand on the back of his neck, "This is crazy." He pushed away from the table, and stood up.

He started pacing the small kitchen.

 "Travis please we should talk."

 He shook his head, "You've kept this for how long?" 

She looked at him, "Please let's talk." 

He shook his head, "I would never have known. Did you and dad ever marry?" 

She shook her head, "No. We decided to just be in a committed relationship." 

He clenched his fists, and was furious, "Sam Uley is my goddamn half brother. You're just telling me now. My best friends fiancé, was dumped by him in high school. He imprinted on her cousin Emily." 

Travis's mother stood up to approach him, "Please,"

 He held up a hand, to hold her at bay, "Listen, I can only handle so many secrets. Shit the wolf thing still throws me. So I'm expected to Imprint on the right one? Wow mom, thanks so much. Guess Joshua really took his secrets to the grave." 

That was a low blow, and he'd realized it.

 With a trembling voice she spoke, "I've never wanted to hurt you, but keep you safe." 

He whipped his head in her direction, "Hurt me? Oh no, you've just betrayed me. My trust is gone. So now I'm taking all of this stuff, and leaving. You don't need it." He walked over scooping it all up, and left. 

"Travis please talk to me. I know you're angry." She followed him outside.

 He unlocked his car, and leaned in putting the books on the passengers seat. "I will call you when I'm calmer. Right now, I don't want to see you, or speak to you." He climbed in, and shut the door. 

She stood there silently watching him. "It was your father who didn't want me saying a word." 

Travis shrugged, "He's dead, it didn't matter. You chose to keep this secret." He started the car, and shifted into reverse. "Bye mom." He backed out of the driveway, then threw it in drive, and was gone.  

Hunter came in, and sat down with me. "Hi baby." I smiled, and looked at him. "You're awake?" 

My smart mouth started, "No my ventriloquist is doing this. I'm sound asleep. Pretty cool huh?" I smirked.