Chapter 3 - A broken wrist, and blue lines.

I was taken back. The eyes were extremely unusual, yet still familiar. I was left absolutely speechless. I couldn’t break away from those eyes. As fast as they were there, they vanished. A lump had formed in my throat. I wasn’t sure if I’d really had this encounter. It had me wondering if I had dreamt my father’s voice? Was it that I wanted him so badly, I’d do whatever it took to relive him? I laid down on the couch and slowly dozed off. 

“Leah, Hun are you ok?” Hunter was squatting beside the couch. I rubbed my eyes blinking. The room was now light. The sky was covered by clouds. “I woke up and your side of the bed was empty. When I came downstairs, you weren’t anywhere in sight. Usually you’d wake me up.” I sat up, and looked out the windows. Hunter turned looking out the windows as well. “What are you looking at?” I shook my head. “Leah tell me now.”

I looked at him, “Last night I heard my dad’s voice. I was half awake, half asleep. After I heard it I came downstairs and wrote in my journal. Once I was done I looked up.” I took a deep breath before telling him what happened next. “I saw eyes looking at me. As fast as they were there, they were gone. I thought maybe I was seeing stuff.”

Hunter stood up, and walked over looking out the windows. “You should have woken me up.” He turned around looking at me.

I offered a smile, “I’m just exhausted. I need to look for a car, work, and school. It has my mind playing tricks on me.” Hunter was not taking this lightly, as I had hoped he would. “I’m going to sell my dad’s truck for whatever I can get. I’ll use what I get, and put it towards a new one.”

Hunter smiled at me; the stern look had disappeared thankfully. “You can drive my car babe.”

I smiled, “It won’t be all the time.”

He kissed me softly, “I don’t mind ok. Relax.” 

A few weeks passed and my dad’s truck was sold. I put the money away and was walking to work after my classes. Work was great. The business was steady and so was my course load. I’d been working 6 days a week. Granted they were short shifts, but there was no time to just breathe. Hunter and I only saw each other at meals, or in passing. I decided to call out of work one day. I was exhausted and could barely stay awake. I walked home, since Hunter worked at the after school program. Once I got in the door, I went straight for the couch, in the sunroom. I laid down and fell asleep.

When I came around finally, it was almost dark. I could hear talking coming from the living room. The familiar laughs were those of Jacob and Seth. I got up to find them lounging in the living room, eating pizza. “Hey stranger;”

Seth jumped up, and hugged me tightly. “I’ve missed you around the house. It’s been quiet”

I smiled, hugging my little brother back. “So how’s mom doing?”

Seth shrugged, “Good I guess. She’s really become serious with Charlie. He’ll sleep over at our house, or she’ll sleep over there.”

Wow my mom was moving on already. My dad hadn’t even been gone a year. “So have there been any new pack members?”

Jacob looked over, “No actually. It’s weird. I think since The Cullen kids are all off doing things, there isn’t that much of a “threat”.” I understood what he meant. Sam’s been handling any that do phase.”

My face must have shown my distrust for that name still. “Well I’ve been busy. I’m doing home schooling, with Bella and Esme’s help. I’ve been working on cars in town, earning some money. I’m learning how to be away from Ness and not let the bond hurt.”

I nodded, “That’s good.”

He smiled, “So we came here to give you something.” Jacob gave that grin I loved. The innocent grin of a goofball.