Chapter 41 - Delivery

"She's resting. She's only at two centimeters." Hunter walked out to the waiting area. He rubbed his forehead.

"Active labor has been six hours now?" Charlie asked.

Hunters voice was concerned, "Her water broke at eight thirty this evening. Contractions weren't too long after. It's what now?" Hunter asked.

"Two thirty in the morning." Jasper answered.

"I've left a message at the school that I won't be in today. Someone will cover the final."

Edward smirked, "Usually it's the kids anxious to get out on the last day. Hunter smiled.

I'm just passing reception, the guard tries talking to me, "not now, not ever." I continue to the lift, I can't wait, instead I run at human pace to the delivery ward, had to go home to change, Fred is meeting me later today, I spy Edward, Charlie and Hunter, I wave.

Edward smiled, "She's only two centimeters."

Charlie smiled, "Hi Ara." Hunter barely looked up.

"Hi guys," I take Hunter down the hall, "I know you're frightened, so are we, she's in good hands," hugging him, "sometimes it's out of our hands, rest assured they'll both be good, all of this labour will be worth it."

He hugged her, "Will she need a c-section?" He looked down at her.

"At this moment in time, no," I smile, "she might need it, to help but I doubt it."

Hunter nodded, "That's good. They said an epidural at four centimeters."

"She will need it, and she will need you." I nod.

Hunter looked at Ara, "It's like a piece of her is missing."

"After what she has been through, yes, there is a piece missing, soon she will find it again, she may never be quite the same but she will find that missing piece or make a new one." I wink.

Hunter smiled, "I just want her happy."

"Time," I pat his hand, "time, after adjusting and adapting, she should feel more comfy and so be more content."

Hunter looked at Ara, "She won't have postpartum right?"

Sue walked over, "She's suffering from some blues now."

"It's more common than you think," looking at Sue, "she's right, it's gonna take time, I will run the bookshop for a while, if you like? It'd take pressure off you both."

Hunter nodded, "That would be helpful. Maybe Stefan, and Fred could help also."

Sue looked at Ara, "She's been crying."

Hunter added, "A lot."

"Oh trust me, I'll rope Fred and Travis in ha ha, Stefan is on a business venture," I look between them,"want me to go talk with her?"

Hunter nodded.

Sue smiled at Hunter, "She can have liquids. How about some juice, and coffee for you."

Charlie came over, "Want me to go with you?"

Hunter shrugged.

"Why don't you. Maybe get her some flowers." My mom suggested. Hunter perked up a little hearing that.

"Good idea, I'll go in for a while," Ara smiled, and headed into the room. I see Carlisle and Lucas, "Hi," I walk over to Leah, "So, all this," I point, "magic, you can talk if you wish or I can sit here and stay with you. Your choice sis."

I looked at Ara, and try to stifle another onset of tears. Lucas walked over, and patted my shoulder, "Easy ok." Carlisle looked Ara, and smiled.

I wrap an arm around her, "Go on let it out, may as well," smiling, "it's only natural."