Chapter 46 - Shots, and Panic

Hunter was just finishing his last class, when he spotted Fred. He motioned for him to come into the classroom. Fred opened the door, and stepped in, shutting it behind him. "Hey. Everyone this is Fred. Fred this is my class. They're like the kids I will never have. I don't think my wife will bless me with thirty kids." A student named Parker laughed, "Hey Mr. Emerson how many classes do you have?" Hunter laughed, "I have one free period. Six periods in a day." Parker laughed. Fred chuckled. "Mr. Emerson do you have any pictures of your son?" Another student asked. Hunter smiled at Fred.

Hunter pulled up the picture of the three of them on the computer, "That's my wife Leah, that's Sebastian, and of course me." The awe's filled the room. "Mr. Emerson your wife is so pretty." a girl named Ana remarked. "Thank you Ana. I will pass the message along." The bell rang, "Do your homework. The Bell Jar. Chapters One & Two." Fred laughed, "Need spark notes, see Mr. Emerson's wife." Hunter laughed, "See you all tomorrow." The class filed out. Fred unbuttoned his suit jacket, "So my wife, is asleep on your couch, holding your wife. Rose called Carlisle, and he passed the message on to me."

Stirring gently I'm aroused from my slumber by the wind, it is gusting. Looking down, I smile at a sleeping Leah, I'm fascinated watching.

Rose smiled, "Sebastian has been fed again, played a little and is content in his swing. How are you two?"

Ara smiled, "Half awake. What time is it?"

Rose smiled, "Three o'clock on the dot."

Ara kept a snug hold on me, "As for Leah I think she's still on breakdown."

Rose shifted, leaning in, "Breakdown?"

All of the sudden, panic set in on Ara, "I should be going," breathing, "she's not coping but I managed to get her talking."

Rose smiled, "That's good you have her talking. Is she still going down?" She looked at Ara carefully, "What's wrong?"

Ara looked up at Rose, "I hope not, I'm hoping she will open up a bit more," scratching my neck, "I'm supposed to be back by 4, Fred is coming over, neutral territory, I've avoided him for two days."

Rose smiled, "I hope so too. She is very stand offish when it comes to Sebastian's feedings. As for Fred, yeah. Um, I invited him here." For once, Rosalie Hale was stuttering over herself, looking for the right words to say. She was afraid of upsetting Ara.

"I think its because she doesn't feel the connection," I wriggle uncomfortably, "oh well, doomsday here I come." I laugh quietly at my own joke.

Rose laughed, "He's not angry." I stirred a little. Rose nodded, "She's very nervous, if he whines at all. She tenses up."

"I would be but because I was scared," sighing, "hopefully she will get past that stage."

Rose nodded, "She's a little pale."

"Lack of iron, maybe? Exhaustion? I hope to take her away for a day or so, just the two of us." I smile.

Rose smiled, "Let me know when. I will see if Hunter wants to take the weekend for himself, or if he wants to keep the little man." Rose smiled, before getting up to check on Sebastian.

Ara carefully moved, kissing my forehead, and gathered her belongings. "Rose I will see you later." Ara quickly ducked out.

I woke up, and was confused as to where I was. "Easy there. You're in bed. You fell asleep, and Ara had to get going. Rosalie made dinner, and put it away. I brought you up here, and changed you into pajama's. Sebastian is sleeping soundly." I smiled, and turned looking into Hunter's eyes. He smiled, and leaned down kissing me softly. "You've been running yourself ragged. You need to take it easy." I nodded, knowing he was right.

"Thank you for everything. You've been so patient, and understanding." I stroked his stubble, and he smiled. The way his face lit up when I touched it, when I touched him.

"Baby how about a massage. If you're not comfortable, it's ok." He kissed my forehead, and pulled back looking at me.

"That sounds really nice." I laid down on my stomach.

Hunter moved my shirt up, to expose my back. "Just relax ok." He put some lavender oil on his hands, and started rubbing my back. My shoulders were affected the most. "You're breath taking. Every time I see you, my heart skips a beat." I turned my head to look up at him. He smiled, "You're supposed to be relaxing." He leaned down, and kissed my cheek.

I moved to my back, and Hunter leaned over me. "You have a smile. I've not seen that in a while. It appears to be a genuine one." I blushed, and chuckled a little. "Oh my Leah Emerson, what will I do with you?" That caused me to turn a deeper shade of red. I pulled Hunter down to me, and pressed my lips against his.

"Be with me." I smiled, looking into those beautiful blue eyes.

He looked at me, stroking my cheek, "Are you sure?"

I nodded, "Please. I need you right now."

Hunter nodded, "Ok baby."

The night was precious, and serene. We laid together, entangled in each others arms. "Leah, I need to know something." Now I'm put on to guard mode. What's the question, lingering on his lips. Will I be able to respond. If so how will I respond. "I know Sebastian is only four months, but if you were to become pregnant, would you be ok?"

I knew it. I knew I would be thrown so far from my horse, I would need bread crumbs to find my way back. He knew I was thinking about this. He didn't push for an answer immediately. "I would have to be ok. I may have bad days, like I do now, but that's the deck of cards that's handed to us." I smiled.

"I love you." He kissed me, before slipping out of bed to take a shower.

I laid there thinking about it. My hand gently stroked my stomach. I dressed, and crawled into bed. Hunter was in the shower, humming. His voice soothed my soul, and I slipped off into the realm of sleep. Much needed sleep.

It's been a long day so far. Hunter left for work, and I'm on my own today. The girls went out, for a trip. They'll be returning sometime tomorrow morning. It's nine thirty, and Sebastian's appointment is at eleven. I've nursed him, the car is packed, and we're doing this solo. Travis has been super busy. I'm anxious leaving the house alone. "Come on little man." I pick up the car seat, and leave the house.

"Alright these will be quick." I cringe watching, and Sebastian howls. I'm on the verge of tears. "Oh mom it's alright." The nurse rubbed my arm. I grabbed Sebastian's blanket, and wrap it around him, snuggling him closely. I do what my instinct says, and I go to nursing him. I wince at the pain, and he still is sobbing softly, but he's nursing. The nurse cleans up, and smiles, "It's always hard when they're this small. Can I get you anything?" I shake my head no, and she steps out allowing us the privacy I need.

Finally we're in the car, and heading to the grocery store. I'm lost in thought. "There will be a photo of the three, of us, then the four of us, maybe the five of us." My heart starts thudding, harder, and harder. HONK! The car behind me, alerting me that our light has turned green. I press the gas pedal with ease. I proceed through the intersection. Screeching tires, then glass breaking. "SEBASTIAN!"