Chapter 21 - What doesn't Jake know?

I sat quietly and thought. I could literally feel the air move, from Edwards head snapping in my direction. “That will not happen. Don’t even think about it.” I swallowed, “It’s my decision, and they should know.” He stood up, and the chair scraped against the floor. “I will not allow you do to that. You have too much to live for.” I stood up and looked at him, “Listen, I’m a grown woman, and this is my choice. I’m not arguing about it.” He growled, “So help me God, I will have Carlisle sedate you; until you get that head back in working order.” I looked at him, and the fury set in. “Who the hell do you think you are. Nobody will sedate me. I’m trying to avoid them coming here, so I will go there.”

In the living room, glances were exchanged with one another. “What is going on?” Emmett asked. Alice shrugged, “I’ve not seen anything.” Carlisle held Esme’s hand, “I don’t think the Volturi will return. I feel as though, the duo are trying to build an army, then start a war, that isn’t needed. I don’t always agree with Aro, and his decisions, but I respect him, along with the others.” Jake looked at Renesmee, “Let’s get some sleep.” She stood up, and took his hand. “Night sweetie.” Bella smiled at her. “Night mom.” The two of them disappeared for the night. Hunter sat listening, and looked at the floor.

"Leah I'm not allowing this to happen." I looked at him, "How are you going to stop me? Tell Edward Cullen." He looked at me, "I know you care, but Leah you may not come out of there." I stood there looking at him, "Then what do we do?" He looked at me, "You do nothing. You live your life. Enjoy your husband, and," Edward stopped looking at me, "Enjoy your life Leah." I slammed my hand on the table, "I'm so tired of being given orders. From you now, before Sam, and Jacob. I have a damn say in my own life." Edwards warm eyes turned stern, "YOU ARE NOT GOING!" It was like something switched in me, and I growled. Hands were on me holding me, "Calm down wolf girl. Listen he's only looking out for you. If the Volturi come, they'll see it was a lie. Now let's go for a walk, you and I." Hunter smiled, "Go babe." Emmett walked me out the back

door, and we made our way through the woods.

Hunter sat down with Edward, "She's afraid of losing anyone. I know that. I'm not angry with her wanting to go. I feel bad because she's now left with so much uncertainty." Edwards voice was calm, "Carlisle knows Vladimir, and Stefan, and they appear to be

all talk. From what I've gathered of their thoughts, they don't appear to want to dirty their hands. Like the Volturi, they have the others do the dirty work. I'm on edge, however if they'd made up their minds. Alice would have seen it. So for now, everything is ok. We just need to worry about planning your wedding." Hunter smiled at Edward, "Thank you."

Emmett walked with me, using my shoulder as an arm rest. "Listen, try and relax. For starters, nothing is going to happen, second, trust me I think you're absolutely correct about the Volturi seeing that those pathetic two, lied. Look at what the Volturri did to Irina. She lied, and they killed her. So calm down, and take it easy. Alice will let us know if she sees anything. Let's head back, and you get some rest. We'll stay through the night. You'll both be safe." I smiled, and hugged Emmett. I received one hell of a bear hug back.

The house was quiet. Renesmee, and Jacob shared a room, which absolutely shocked me. "They're so old fashioned. Jake will take the floor. Renesmee gets the bed. They're very responsible." Edward spoke softly. Bella looked as though she was asleep, curled up in a chair. Esme, and Carlisle sat together on the couch. Rose, Emmett, and Jasper were in the dining room. Alice was with Hunter in his office. I smiled and crept upstairs. I needed a hot bath. My muscles were so tense. So that's where I headed to.

I woke up, and was confused as to where I was. Something soft was underneath me. Warmth enveloped me, "Relax you're in bed, and you're dressed." I looked up into Hunters blue eyes. He smiled, "You fell asleep in the bath. I carefully got you out, and dressed you. Everyone is relaxing downstairs quietly. I can take tomorrow off from work, if you need me to. I can get a substitute.” I shook my head, “No you’re fine. I’m just going to take it easy. I could use the time, and read a book, or something.” Hunter looked at me, “You could go over the wedding plans Alice has put together.” I sighed, “I truthfully don’t care. I know it sounds bad, but I just don’t want to look at anything. It’s so stressful. Every time I look at something, my heart starts pounding, and this anxiety kicks in.” Hunter shifted so he was looking me straight on, “Are you wanting to stop, or elope?” I shook my head, “Oh god nothing like that. No I just become so flustered with colors, and coordinating.” Hunter nodded, “Ah ok. I can understand that.” I smiled, and yawned, “I’m sorry I’m exhausted.” He leaned over, and kissed me, “Get some sleep.” That was what I did.

The week passed, with no interruptions, or unwanted visitors. Travis stopped by, and we talked. “So you dated my half brother. That’s so weird, what a small world.” I laughed, “I remember the first time I bumped into you, and Hunter.” Hunter smiled, “I told you I was going to marry that girl, and now here she is.” I smiled, and Travis laughed, “Jeez two shape shifters, and a psychic. We should open up a side show at the circus.” I shook my head, “No one shape shifter. I don’t have anything anymore.” Travis looked at me, “I can still phase. That’s strange.” I shook my head, “Carlisle, and I were talking. He thinks for me, it might have almost been like a puberty phase. Now I out of that stage, and back to being a full human.” Travis thought about it, “That’s quite interesting. “Speaking of interesting, I found out something.” Hunter, and I looked at Travis. “It’s a smaller world then we ever realized. I thought your friend, Jake’s last name sounded familiar. I’m not trying to start stuff, but I put two, and two together. Sarah Black?” Hunter looked at Travis, “That was the lady who was hit by my dad.” Travis nodded, “Yep, she left three young kids behind, Rachel, Rebecca, and Jacob.” My jaw dropped, “Oh my god.” Hunter looked at Travis, “Whoa.” Travis nodded, “I thought I would tell you. I didn’t know if Jake knew.” I shook my head, “No.” Just then, Jake knocked then let himself in. “What didn’t I know?” I sighed.