Chapter 52 - End of the old year

The magic of Christmas still hung in the air, in the trees even inside my soul. It's like the coming of the new year is changing me, "Happy new year," I shout to the world just as we arrive home.

"You been drinking home brew?" Fred asks and laughs at me.

"No," I smile, "new year magic, it's going to be a wonderful year ahead." I put the key in the door, Fred follows.

I walk downstairs carefully. Putting the bottles in the fridge. I'm tired, and sore.

"Good morning. You're up early, and in pain?" Jasper asked.

"Yeah pregnancy isn't pleasurable." My voice was worn. 

Emmett snickered, "Certain parts of getting pregnant are." I turned red, and Jasper stifled a laugh. Then a loud crack echoed through the house. "I was only kidding Rose."

I was desperate for a hot chocolate, Fred came up behind me, "You ok?" He kisses my neck, "Happy new year baby, I'm excited about October already, officially mine."

"Need a hot chocolate before we head out," looking up at him, "happy new year to you also, can't wait to see what the year has in store."

I make the hot chocolate in a travel mug, "Right, I'm ready to go." 

Fred holds my hand as we walk out, I take one last glance at the Christmas lights on the tree.

I looked at Jasper, then my watch. “Any plans for the day?"

Alice grinned, "A toast. Watch the ball drop." 

Emmett snickered, "Whack." I laughed. "I only snickered. 

Rose growled, "Do you ever behave." 

Bella walked in, " Nope. It’s impossible for him." she winked.

Pulling up at the house, Fred gets out and holds the door open for me, "Thank you hun."

"Anything for you." He smiles.

We walk hand in hand into the house, I holler in a theatrical voice, "We're baaaaaack." Sniggering we ascend the stairs.

Renesmee flew down the stairs, attacking them both. 

"She missed you both." Bella smiled. 

I quietly started on making some breakfast. 

"Let me help." Jake came in, and started getting to work. 

I smiled at him, "So when are you doing it?" 

He winked, mouthing tonight. I smiled. He'd picked out a sapphire with diamonds. It was her birthstone. 

"Love it." was all I said.

He winked, and took over cooking.

I wrap an arm around Renesmee, "Hey, we missed you too," pulling out a slide from my pocket, "I managed to catch this in Alaska, for you, since you're one of a kind." I wink.

Fred looks almost longingly at Renesmee, wish he would say if he wanted children, or it's my imagination. Time to enjoy the atmosphere.

Renesmee smirked, "So I want cousins. Lots of them." She looked at me, then at Ara. Fred smiled at me, then kissed Ara. It was such a subtle answer, but I read it. He took so well with Sebastian.