Chapter 6 - Just a typical Sunday

The next morning, I woke up stretching. I was upstairs in the bedroom. I figured Hunter must have carried me up after I fell asleep. A soft giggle was beside my ear. “Good morning Auntie Leah. Are you awake now?”

I smiled, “This is the only time I’ve been awake.”

She giggled, “Oh you were talking in your sleep earlier.” I cringed. Her sweet reassurance put me at ease, “Don’t worry. You just talked about Uncle Hunter.”

I turned my head looking at her. She smiled that beautiful dimpled smile. Her curls lay perfectly spread out on Hunter’s pillow. Her small hands were folded and resting on her stomach. “So I was wondering if I could see where you work.”

She was hoping I would say yes. I had to set up for the week anyways. “Yes you can. I need to do some work ok?”

She shot up straight. She grinned, “Oh my gosh. This is so exciting.” She hugged me, and then bolted downstairs. I decided it was time to get up, and start getting ready. 

Once I was ready, I headed downstairs. I walked into the dining room to find everyone sitting in there. Charlie was reading the paper. My mom was talking with Renesmee. Hunter and Edward were talking quietly about school. Jacob looked over a text book. Bella walked in carrying a plate and a cup of coffee and set them down.

“Leah please sit and eat. I made this for you.”

I looked at her, and then the food, and thought to myself, “Peace offering, sympathy, or poisoned.”

Edward smirked, “Both La Push, and Port Angeles are beautiful area’s to live. Seattle’s not bad; however it’s not my choice.”

I looked at Edward, and was fully aware of him answering my questions. Hunter smiled at me, knowing I’d asked a question. Bella looked at me, then Edward.

“Relax ok. I just want to talk.”

So I carefully slid onto the chair beside Charlie, and Bella sat beside me. 

I quietly picked up the coffee cup, and took the amazing aroma. It was fresh ground. Charlie set down his paper, “It’s amazing, I’m telling you. With this whole change, Bella could really work on becoming a cook.”

She rolled her eyes, “I’m not that good. I don’t however put metal cans in a microwave.”

Charlie’s face turned a shade of red, and mumbled something inaudible.

Bella smirked, “Dad here isn’t the keenest of cooks.”

He looked at her, “I make great Peanut Butter, and Jelly sandwiches.”

I smiled shyly, unsure whether to make noise. I literally was in the middle of a conversation. My mom glanced over at me, and offered a smile.

“So Bella and I have talked. There’s no blame on you. She’s explained to me, what I can handle right now. It’s a lot, but I need the truth. So I won’t tell anyone, I promise that. I will try my hardest to understand.”

I smiled, and Bella looked at me, “I’m truly sorry for how I reacted.”

I nodded, ‘It’s ok, I was scared to tell Hunter, but I had to.” She smiled completely understanding what I meant. 

The day passed swiftly, and Renesmee fell asleep in the car on the ride home. I carefully brought her inside. Edward took her upstairs to her room. Bella smiled, “Lasagna ok? We also have fresh garlic bread as well.”

I smiled, “Thanks." I set hung up my jacket, and walked into the kitchen. “She had a great time. It was nice having a helper.”

Edward returned, “She’s out for the night now.” He walked over to Bella, and carefully wrapped his arms around her waist. I smiled, and slipped downstairs to the basement. I pulled the clothes from the basket, and put them in the washer.