Chapter 45 - Being truthful is terrifying

Paris! Breathtaking! It was absolutely beautiful. Just Hunter, and I. Ara sent photos of Sebastian. Hunter Skyped with them. I have to say the statue doesn't do Ara justice. People still lay flowers there for her. Truthfully it was nice to be free. No kids, no nausea. It was perfect. The MRI was clear. So now I need to get back to working. Rose, and Renesmee are nannying and I offered to pay, but they refused.

We’re back home, and I’m pooped. I put Sebastian down for the night. I decided to pick up my book. Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard. Brooding arse, who has an attraction to his student. No not odd, at all. Esme insisted on it. She said Gabriel, and I are similar in certain aspects. She smiled, and write on the inside, "Even Angels have days where they're down." Love Mom. The pain Gabriel experiences right away, strikes a chord with me. "Reading?" Hunter smiled, sitting beside me. I nodded, "Yes finally quiet enough." That took Hunter back, "Whoa. Wasn't expecting that as a response." I set my book down, and looked at him. "What?" He held my hand, "Well how was it not quiet before?" I shake my head, "Everyone asking about Paris, and the pictures. Just kept my phone busy." Hunter nodded, "Yeah everyone is always excited to see what others thought of it." He kissed my neck. "My beautiful wife." He grinned, and we headed upstairs. It was Paris, all over again. Candles, caressing, kissing, and much more.

Hunter fell asleep, after he took a shower. I took a shower, and dressed. I walked in to check on Sebastian. Sound asleep. I stood there watching him. I knew he was mine, but I just couldn’t feel this overwhelming glow they portray in movies. I was twenty six, and had my first child. There I felt like I threw away the last four years in my twenties.

Rose is playing with Sebastian, "I'm going to get my little wolf." He coos, and Rose smiles. I watch quietly, pretending to enjoy it. Something's wrong, and I know it's wrong. "Hey little man. Daddy has to go to work. You behave for Auntie Rose, and mommy." Hunter kissed Sebastian, and I; then he was out the door. I see Rose looking at me. "Hey someone's starting to get hungry. Should I give him a bottle, or do you want to nurse?" I shrug, "It's up to you." Rose smiled, "I will let you nurse him. You need mommy, and baby time." I looked at her, "I nursed earlier, and I've pumped for him. Maybe he has gas." Rose sighed, "I will try a bottle." She took him, and fetched a bottle.

Stretching with the morning sun, I feel the mask is back on, my mum and dad somehow know it.

"Where are you off to?" Carlisle asks.

"To see Leah." I reply.

"You're supposed to be resting, it isn't even two days, you have refused to see Fred, why?" He puts his hands against my cheeks.

"I'll be back later," looking into my dad's eyes, "arrange with him to be here at 4." I'm still tired, still I kiss him on the cheek and get going.

Just arriving at Leah's, knocking I walk in, "Hey Leah, hi Rose." I call out gently.

Rose looks up, and holds onto Sebastian, "She's in the bathroom."

I hug Rose and kiss Sebastian, "She’s not holding out too good is she?"

Rose shook her head, "Oh she put on a great mask for Hunter. With me, she shrugged off nursing him." Sebastian coo'd and Rose smiled at him, “Mommy loves you baby boy. She’s just tired.” Rose looked up at Ara feeling lost. 

I admit something to Rose, "I do the exact same, I shrug everything off," sighing, "something's going on and," I'm lost for words.

Rose looked at her, "With who exactly? Both of you?" Rose smiled, and looked towards the stairs, "She's coming."

"We’ve got a lot going on, both of us." I chuckle, "this could be fun." I turn, ready to face Leah.

Rose smirks, "Don't we all." I headed downstairs, and smiled, "Hi Ara." I carefully took Sebastian from Rose, and held him, "Hey little man." I cradled him carefully, and walked into the sun room, and positioned him to nurse. I covered myself, and swallowed. He took right to it, and held him, watching as the leaves were falling off our trees.